cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need advice

Alright so I can’t sleep and I can’t stop thinking about this girl I like and I know I can’t have her because she has a boyfriend. And in my last relationship I was cheated on and got my heart shattered, I feel I’ll never find love. I can’t talk to friends or family about this cause they won’t listen or they will ignore me 

Re: I need advice

Hi @ad4m - sounds like this is a really tough situation to be in! 

It can be really hard to have feelings for someone when they're already committed, I've been in a similar spot before. And I'm really sorry to hear your previous relationship ended that way Smiley Sad

How long has it been since then?

If you don't mind me asking, what makes you feel you won't find love again? It must be hurting a lot to feel that way.

As for being unable to sleep, sometimes that fatigue can make you feel even more down about issues which are affecting you... have you tried any distractions to try and keep your mind calm to help you rest?

Hi it’s been about 5 months since my relationship ended. The reason I think I won’t find love again is because I’m not the best looking person out there and 9/10 times people won’t want to talk to me because of the way I look. 

I was buillied a lot growing up because of my hair colour and I was a little bit slower at reading and writing. :/

Hi @ad4m!

I have no doubt you will find love again, I firmly believe there's someone out there for everyone Smiley Happy 

Sorry to hear that you liked someone and they got a partner! I've been in that situation and it really sucks but in the end I used the time to focus on myself Smiley Happy 

Do you think that you can use this time to focus on yourself and make yourself happy?

Let's talk some positives! What are some things you like about yourself? Smiley Happy

Here for you!

I'm sorry to hear that @ad4m, it must still all be pretty raw at the moment... Do you think that hurt from your break up is affecting your thoughts on the future?

I fully agree with @missep that focus on what's good about you, because you seem like a cool, self-aware guy! What are some things you like about yourself, that make you feel confident? Smiley Happy

Tbh I think we are our own harshest critics, so the way you see yourself is definitely not how the world views you, though I understand it's hard not to feel that way. I've been bullied myself so can relate to you. 

Hey @ad4m, just checking in to see how you're feeling? Smiley Happy

Hey @lokifish I’m not to bad I’ve had better days 😑.

Hey @ad4m did you want to talk about it at all? Heart

Hey @Bree-RO I would like to talk about it but I don’t know where to start

Is it the broken heart mate? We've all been there. We could help Heart @ad4m You also mentioned you feel your family don't listen. Take your time if you need to think about it Smiley Happy