cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I need someone to talk to. I feel so lonely.

oh im sorry to hear that @Jabdu99

theres a thread here called 100001 coping strategies, maybe that could help you abit as well?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@Jabdu99 It's really good to have a bit of an outlet here if nothing else. I'm only imagining what it would be like for you but it sounds quite stressful and maybe a bit isolating. I've heard it can be tough seeking support when in service for fear of being penalised (I know that's not the right lingo but you know what I mean). I know of some people that just pay out of pocket to speak to counsellors because of this fear, rather than going through either medicare or defence. In any case, do you have other people in your social network or family network (just in general). 

@TOM-RO no, I’m fairly isolated. Just my mother

@Jabdu99 It's good you have a good relationship with your mum I have to say. I am actually worried that as you've said, you have been feeling worse the last few months. I do think IF you can, maybe try and connect with some kind of support. You don't have to do something this red hot minute, but just think about options like seeing a completely separate service outside of defence (don't forget counsellors are bound by the strictest of confidentiality). I think the hardest thing about being in a dark place is we do tend to isolate ourselves even more when its the exact OPPOSITE of what we need! How else can you connect with others in general? 

Highlighted

Hey, i get it. I'm on antidepressants and anti anxiety meds and i recently went onto some other meds that jazzed up with my pills. My mood dropped like a boulder in still water. I just started working with kids too and when they begin to notice you know its getting bad. I was having trouble getting up for work and upon arrival and would burst out crying.... How awkward right? Haha anyway i feel your you dude. I'm just as lonely and i have no friends so it makes it worse, i would be up for a chat if you need to talk. Awkward potato out!✌

Hey I hope you're both well Smiley Happy  @Jabdu99 and @Kitty_cloud ReachOut is a completely anonymous forum, you can read all about this in the community guidelines Smiley Very Happy In order to keep you all safe members are unable to connect outside of the forum.

@Bree-RO I’m sorry! I didn’t know that! That’s my bad! 

no problem at all! @Jabdu99

How are you feeling now?

@Bree-RO Kind of better kind of worse. My fiancée and I broke up tonight. I caught her cheating. So I’m actually pretty destroyed about that. We were engaged for a year and we had dated for two years previous to the engagement. But the support I’ve gotten from my family has helped me. So I’m crushed but also amazed at how many people reached out to comfort me.

Im really sorry @Bree-RO.... Newbie here. Im not really knowledgeable in this stuff. Again, so sorry!😓