cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to go back to school but I'm scared my parents will get mad at me.

I'm 16, in year 11 and I left school in year 8 and joined an online school. I recently had a baby in February and I want to go back to school to be a better example for my baby.

I'm worried my parents will get mad at me for wanting to go back now that I have the responsibility of taking care of a baby but I just want to be a better role model for my child. I don't know what to do, I feel I'm not learning enough doing my online school and going to a mainstream school now would help encourage my child later when they are old enough for school.

Should I still ask my parents if I should go or stay home with my baby? I'm so lost and confused, I just don't want my parents to get mad at me.

Re: I want to go back to school but I'm scared my parents will get mad at me.

hey @Willzjayy
having a baby must be pretty exciting! but im sure overwhelming too. i think its great that you want to go back to school however in my honest opinion going back full time may not be the best idea due to bub needing alot of care right now and the workload from school may be a little much. I wondered since your not learning much through online, perhaps you could have a chat to your parents about studying online but with a day or 2 each week at school? That way your still with your baby most of the time but still attending school and being that role model youd like to be.
Something to think about anyway but it might be worth chatting with your parents about how youd like to be a better role model and attend school but arent sure how to go about it?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

Re: I want to go back to school but I'm scared my parents will get mad at me.

hey @Willzjayy , I just want to congratulate you, first on your baby, but second on making such a brave choice to go back to school! It must however be exhausting. As @scared01 mentioned, now may not be the best time, with your bub needing quite a bit of attention, being only 2 months old now.

The workload will also be quite large. You should definitely have a conversation with your parents about it. 

I would go with what @scared01 said, maybe trying alternate days so you are with your baby for a lot of the time, and maybe getting someone to care for him/her while you are at school. Probably not appropriate to ask, but is the baby's father in the picture? Maybe he could help out a little? The situation may not be good however, so it may not be helpful :/

I am probably not too much help, but I think you will find plenty of support on here from all of us. 

You are making such a bold decision and you will be setting a great example for many Smiley Happy

thinking of you and I am so proud of you! 

love and hugs (to you and your little one)

blobby <3