cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Im being bullied for being friends with someones

im friend with a  guy and i saw him today at the shop so i gave him hug, seeing him for the first time

he told me him and his girlfriend were on a break so i thought it was fine to chat with him.

She messaged me, harrassing me about talking to him.

just half an hour ago, she messaged me saying "stop hanging out with my boyfriend! you fucking dog! dont even touch my boyfriend! go find your own boyfriend! you're a fucking dog!"

i talked to some friends and one talked to her, and she said that "she hugged him and he doesnt even wanna be friends with her!" well if he didnt, he would say so. My friend told me she kept saying that she was wrong.

i talked to a counsellor but im scared she'll find me and beat me up or abuse me.

Highlighted

Re: Im being bullied for being friends with someones

Hey @Unknown_user_

Welcome to ReachOut.com. Sorry to hear that your friend's girlfriend is treating you in this way. That's completely unacceptable and I can definitely see how frightening it is to deal with someone like that Smiley Sad 

It looks like there's a lot of roundabout rumours going around. Have you spoken to your friend about it? He may be able to provide further insight to what's going on - like what this 'break' is about. It could also be worth telling him what his girlfriend has sent to you too, if that's an option. As for your other friends, you could also speak to them about how to better support you too. This could be not arguing on your behalf (as meaning/interpretation gets lost in the fight) and dismissing her comments instead. 

In regards to the message, you could block her online so that she can no longer contact you.  I'm glad that you're seeing a counsellor to figure out a solution to this. Do you see this girl around often at school/work/uni/in social settings? You can find out more about  bullying and the law if you're afraid that she may come and find you. 

Hope this helps and let us know how you go. 

Ive talked to my friend before about her harrassing me and ive told him ive been too scared to go in to the shop because im scared she'd be there and beat me up but he said that she is never there so i dont know :\ and the break, ive asked him before and i said "btw, are you and S****** still dating?" and he said "we're taking a break" and i said "i got no idea what that means" and he said "we're having a break from dating, like you would with a video game. we're just taking a break from each other." so im assuming he means that they're not dating but she still thinks they are even though he hasnt told me, he hasnt updated anything. As far as I know, she's dating a pot head (legit) and he is "single" but whats funny is that im not interested in him in any affectionate way (i dont have a crush on him or anything) i see him more as a younger brother. Ive told her before (last year when this happened) that im not interested in him in anyway as im only friends with him. I've told my friends that if she continues to harrass me, i would copy (screenshot) the message she has sent me and take legal action against her (ie; involving the police).

my other friend messaged her saying that she has had it happen before but he didnt cheat, she didnt mind but the girlfriend just kept reflecting and denying everything. After a while she ended up blocking her

Highlighted

lately everthing seems like a huge effort....I couldnt go to class because of how shitfull i feel. I've had constant thoughts about ending my own life, it would stop everything but then i'd lose what i have now

Highlighted

Hey @Unknown_user_
That's a really scary situation you are in right now. Someone threatening you and you not being sure when/if it will happen is scary. The law is definitely on your side. 

I had a similar situation happen with me, I met this guy and we really just talked had no idea he had a girlfriend, the girlfriend called me and told me she would find me and beat the crap out of me. I tried explaining but it didnt help AT ALL. I was so scared because she then stalked me found my facebook and knew which Uni I went to and everything and was like "see I knew I would find you". Absolutely terrified me so I called the police and let them know what happened. They called her and basically told her it was illegal and if she continued then they would have to take action. 

So if at any time you feel unsafe go to the police because it protects you at the end of the day. It might help to also let her know that if she continues then you will go to the police. 

It seems like you are also going through a lot on top of this situation, thinking of ending your life is also quite difficult to deal with, have you spoken to someone about what you are going through and how you are feeling? 

Ive talked to a counsellor i dont normally see, she looked through her facebook and she was like "she's really pretty!" and stuff and she said if she still harasses me, i can contact the police and since my dad is good friends with a high ranking officer, i might have a chance. Ill resort to police when and if she harasses me again.

For now, My counsellor is contacting the principal of the school she attends to see if she does beat up people and is the type of person to attack.

Highlighted

Hi @Unknown_user_ I agree that if you fear for your safety, you should absolutely go to police. Like in @ruenhonx's case, they may just give her a call and tell her to stop. Nobody deserves to be threatened like that, especially not for something as innocent as giving a friend a hug. This person sounds like she has a lot of jealousy issues and the threats are a reflection of her behaviour, not of yours.

It is worrying that you have thoughts of ending your life. You mentioned speaking to a counsellor in your first post, is this a topic you've discussed with them before?

Highlighted

its now the 25th, i was scared to head out into town or leave my house/school because of her but now im not AS scared as yesterday. I was with my parents though so i guess that wouldve helped.
Highlighted

Hey @Unknown_user_
Great to hear that the counsellor is going to get some more information for you and that you have support. That is so important when you are going through something like this.

It takes one step at a time and I hope sooner rather than later you will feel more comfortable. Being on the alert all the time is frustrating.

Take care and stay safe

Hey @Unknown_user_ just wanted to congratulate you on getting in touch with that counsellor! Sounds like a super awesome move your behalf! 

It also makes me happy to hear that you're not as scared as the previous day! Healing from bad experiences like this don't happen overnight and in fact it can take a while. Hopefully your fears will start to drain away over the coming weeks with the heap of your counsellor.  Stay safe and take care of yourself! (: