cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intrusive thoughts

I severely suffer from intrusive thoughts everyday of my life and they are all I can think about every day of my life, they never go away, there is always a thought in my head that I can’t get rid of and they are severely affecting my life everyday because I can’t enjoy anything when I have the intrusive thoughts and I can’t sleep when I have the intrusive thoughts and nothing I do will make them go away and the thoughts are having a massive impact on my lifestyle because I can’t go anywhere or do anything without having a thought,the thoughts I get aren’t just normal thoughts that don’t go away they stay in my head the whole day and I’m scared of the thoughts and I’m scared of the nature of the thoughts

how do I stop intrusive thoughts?

Re: Intrusive thoughts

Hey there @JonoG thanks so much for this post and sharing your story. This sounds incredibly painful for you, it's very unpleasant what you're up against -  you are not alone with this, some of our forum members struggle with a similar experience. Have you spoken to a health professional about this yet? Do you have a counsellor, or are you working through any trauma? This forum can act as a great peer support around these issues, but this sounds like a situation which requires a consult from a GP, Psych or Counsellor. There's also Kids Helpline (ph: 1800 55 1800) which work with people right up until 25 years of age, they can provide you with strategies and info on these intrusive thoughts as well. 

Did you manage to get any rest last night?

Hi @JonoG

Sorry to hear your going through this. I also suffer from intrusive thoughts, i havent quite solved the problem but i have learnt that there are ways to get some relief.

Bree had given some great suggestions here too. Some of the ways that help me are doing the things i enjoy and focussing only on that, visualisation of being in a bubble ( i can describe this more if you like) and distractions.

Sometimes i ask myself what is causing these thoughts? So i use thought challanging and journalling to see if i can work it out and then i can find some solutions and hopefully ease those thoughts. 

Have you  got any supports at all? 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Yes I did manage to get some rest last night

Yes I have a great family that supports me and I am currently seeing a counsellor

Thats good to hear @JonoG

Has your  family or counsellor  suggested anything that might help?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Yes they have suggested things to do and I am doing them

That is awesome, is it helping with how you have been feeling? Amazing job on reaching out Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Yes it is helping Thank you

Thank you