cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this normal

I'm not suicidal 

Is it weird that sometimes when I'm driving home over a bridge I have the urge to just drive off it

That sounds like I'm losing the plot or something. It's not like I do it because I'm thinking about killing myself, because I'm not. It's weird but someone please tell me it's like at least a bit normal 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: Is this normal

Hey @j95 I will get slightly personal and tell you that I have experienced that, and some people experience vertigo a lot as well. I know what you mean it does not have suicidal intent but it's almost like a sense of empowerment. Could be good to bring up with your Psych, I brought it up with my counsellor at the time and he unpacked it with me. I hope this helps Heart

thanks @Bree-RO I will bring it up with my psych but its good to hear its not just me. In my head i'm like "just focus on the road, just drive" while trying to push that thought away

Hey @j95 I've had similar thoughts while stopped at traffic lights etc. and I totally get what you mean. No actual intent, but for me, the knowledge that I could do that, if I wanted to.

Could be something to bring up with a counsellor etc. like @Bree-RO said

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Thanks @letitgo
I never think about it in a way that I want to kill myself but just like hey I could do that right now, should I do that? I wonder what that would be like?