cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUST MOVED HERE

Hey, i’m egyptian, i was in my country for a long time and then all of a sudden i just came here to australia (sydney), i’m really homesick, i just feel so lonely, i miss my life; my friends, my family, everything and now eveythings gone and im all lonely. I dont know what to do Smiley Sad

Re: JUST MOVED HERE

Hello @Ahsma, welcome to ReachOut. Thanks for posting your story here! How long have you been in Australia?

I am sorry to hear that you have been feeling lonely, it can be hard to leave everything behind. It can be really stressful and devastating. Are you still in contact with any of your friends and family? Did anyone come with you to Australia?
—————————

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.
– Henry Ford

Hey @Ahsma welcome to ReachOut. It's definitely pretty normal to feel homesick. I am so sorry you are experiencing this, what a big shift. It does take time to settle in to a new place but it definitely will happen. Are you going to school here or work? Who did you move here with?

Keen to hear a little more about your story Heart

Highlighted

Hey Ahsma! Its amazing you've moved so far, what a brave decision. Unfortunately i dont know much about the feeling of being so homesick but i can understand the loneliness. I'm looking to make some friends so if you wanna chat and get to know each other i would love that!

hey @Ahsma welcome to Aust and welcome to RO. its lovely to have you here. 

that is a really big move and alot of adjusting to have to do. try not to be to hard on yourself, you learn how to live here, meet new people and buil a life for yourself here. 

with your family are you able to skype them at all so you can still contact them, or through facebook, calls, texts or even hand written letters?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**