cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just don’t fit

I feel like I just don’t fit any where anymore all the spaces that I felt I belonged to I feel I’ve outgrew now not necessarily a bad thing but I don’t know where I fit now. I don’t really have a space I can go to with people I relate to anymore 

Re: Just don’t fit

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime I'm really feeling for you right now, I can completely relate to these feelings. It's so hard when you've outgrown or drifted from a certain period of your life, it is such a disorientating and lonely feeling. When I've been through this I try to think that new phases, communities, friends etc will come into my life eventually and try to sit tight. It's not easy though and can really hurt, so I get that in this moment it would feel completely shit. Do you think there are any groups/hobbies etc you could plan to get involved in? 

Not really @Bre-RO I joined a FB group a few weeks ago but I haven’t been to any of their catch ups yet. 
This feeling has been lingering for a long time but every day it just becomes more apparent. And sometimes I feel like if you just disabled my account on here I would be forced to leave and that’s not a bad thing. I’m not being negative to myself just being honest 

Thank you for being honest @Saltwaterdreamtime I think that's a really admirable trait. I can see why you'd feel that way. I think a lot of people here would relate to that as well, especially with how isolating this year has been, it's very understandable that the feeling has become more intense for you. 

Because this isn’t the best place for me I feel like I don’t fit here anymore @Bre-RO But I won’t leave unless somebody forces me to, because I have nowhere else. I will just be forced to cope rather than flogging a dead horse. 

Aw man feeling like that must suck @Saltwaterdreamtime Smiley Sad If I am honest, I think it can be really tough to find a place where you feel like you truly belong.. especially as things in life change. I am wondering if there is a particular reason why you feel like you don't belong in your usual spaces anymore? Have you changed or have the places changed?

I’ve changed @Taylor-RO@and that’s ok... but I don’t fit in those old spaces anymore 

I think it's really great that you are still looking at the positives in the situation @Saltwaterdreamtime. You mentioned not fitting into those spaces anymore, is there anything that has made you think that is the case?

It’s not a bad thing though like it’s going to happen... @Sophia-RO But the bad part is I don’t have that anymore. I feel like I’m not making any sense though. 
I guess the things that are important to me changed, I just feel like I’ve, i don’t know, grown up a bit? That’s not the right word but I dont what else to put 

And also I feel I have been pretty good at explaining how I’m feeling but this one has got me stumped