cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Just don’t fit

I think I understand what you mean @Saltwaterdreamtime . I don't think that not fitting in anymore is always a bad thing as it means that we are changing and growing for the better sometimes. I guess it depends on the individual though, and it sounds like you have taken it as a positive thing in many ways. Some of the exciting parts of moving on are that we can join new groups that can turn out to be better for us in different ways. Are there any different groups that you think you would be better suited to at this stage in your life? Would you be interested in joining some groups with your child and your upcoming new baby? Maybe there are some local groups for "father and child" activities or even just family group activities that you could join?

Yeah, so that’s where i’ve hit a wall @Sophia-RO You pretty much summed it up but now it’s the next step to finding somewhere that i DO fit, a community that is suited to me, because all the other spaces don’t work for me anymore and that’s pretty natural, to move on. 
I added myself to a FB group that is just for dads and their young kids in the local area, they meet up and go for walks and stuff but I’m not sure about it. I haven’t gone to any of the meet ups yet.... my partner keeps asking if I’ve talked to anyone on that group yet (it was her idea) but I haven’t. Bit nervous. 

That makes a tonne of sense @Saltwaterdreamtime, and I definitely have experienced something similar, (though not for the same reason). I moved cities a couple of years ago, and when I first came to Melbourne I didn't know anyone, and I felt it was super hard to connect with anyone/find a space where I "fit in". I think that making those first few connections were definitely the hardest! Are there any group events that the FB group is hosting that you might be able to go to? Your bub might be able to help you out, because if he gets along with any of the kids then, you'll be able to meet their dad too!

They all seem around the same age as him which is helpful @Andrea-RO 
They meet every Saturday for a walk/run I’m pretty sure. And then everyone just posts when they are doing things and asks if anyone wants to join. I was thinking of putting something on there. 

Oh that is good to hear @Saltwaterdreamtime ! 😊 The walk sounds like it could be a good start! What sort of activity were you thinking of posting?

@Andrea-RO 
Maybe about meeting for a takeaway coffee/walk but I don’t know. I’m super nervous. I could post tonight and see if anyone wants to come tomorrow morning. But I’m not sure. Probably nobody will want to come.

also random side note I thought ReachOut was based in Sydney not Melbourne? 

Hey, worst case scenario you're in the same position that you're in now, right? Plus you could always join one of the other hangouts if it doesn't work out! 

And yeah! RO's main office is in Sydney, but currently the night team works in Melbourne Smiley Happy

Hmmm @Andrea-RO I don’t know I haven’t met many new people in so long... I’m a bit nervous to put something up 

Hey yeah so Um I posted something on that page @Andrea-RO

Oh sick! @Saltwaterdreamtime  how'd you go?