cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Just don’t fit

I think I’m just going to delete it before people see it and I look stupid 

Idk, I just said hi and stuff just introduced myself I guess @Andrea-RO 

No no I think you should definitely keep it up! It sounds like you made a great start Smiley Happy

I feel scared meeting new people @Andrea-RO @that sounds kinda stupid because of what this whole thread is about 

I can understand that @Saltwaterdreamtime , it can be confronting meeting new people. Sometimes having little strategies (whether that be relaxation strategies or conversation tips) can help us feel better. Do you have any that come to mind? 

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime
I have that feeling of being scared when meeting strangers too.I thought I was the only one since my family is not like that. Later on, I have worked as a listener and I have noticed that many can feel that way too. That’s when I realised that it’s normaI. So I really don’t think it’s stupid at all.
As Sophia said, it can be confronting to experience it and having some strategies can help u cope with that feeling. For me I try to accept it as it is and focus more on the conversation. Once I get in the flow, it feels a bit better.
What do you usually do to feel better when you are feeling that way?

@Sophia-RO @Wathan hmmm I don’t have any really 

The young fella and I were going to go out and meet some people on a walk this morning but we were up all night with him so didn’t go. We stayed in this morning. That’s ok. 

Glad to know that it was ok. As for the strategies, if you don't mind, you can try the ones we have suggested or try out the ones on ReachOut resources.

That is totally fair enough @Saltwaterdreamtime. You can always join another time Smiley Happy Meeting new people is totally scary, especially because there are so many unknown factors involved. Do you know what makes you scared about it the most?

@Taylor-RO I think it’s just meeting new people

Putting myself out there