cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kissed my ex

I broke up with my ex about 6 months ago. We have kept in contact but i hadnt seen him since. He came to visit me in hospital today and i kissed him. Seeing him brought back all these emotions. I really love him he is sweet and kind and caring and i care for him deeply and still love him. But im scared about being in a relationship because the ones i have been in before have been abusive and unhealthy. And im just scared that im going to get hurt again even though i know he wont hurt me. Any advice on what i should do?

Re: Kissed my ex

Hey @Captain1arm, it's not really anyone's place on RO to say whether you should start another relationship with your ex or not - only you can decide that. 

Starting a relationship can be daunting and worrying, because, like you said, you don't want to get hurt again. I'm sorry to hear that you've previously been in abusive relationships. It's never ok for someone to abuse their partners. I'm so glad you're out of that situation now.

If your ex makes you happy but you still have some hesitation to be back in a relationship, do you think taking things really slow would give you time to decide what is right for you?

Thats a good idea @moonwalk i might suggest that to him

It can be scary but could you start an open and honest conversation with him to see where you both stand? That way you both know exactly how eachother is feeling... although i totally understand this can be very overwhelming!

Highlighted

Hey @Captain1arm,

It's so nice that he came to visit you during whats been a really hard time, he must really care about you.

Have you heard from him lately? As @moonwalk mentioned, only you know what the right thing is and taking things slowly could be a way of making sure 'the water is clear'. Your safety comes first.

Lahna

@mimbochi and @Lahna i think we are getting back together which is good. He is so loving and sweet and caring. He is the only guy ive ever liked which is acary for me. But i dont care that he is male i love him just the same and i know he would do anything for me.

Well that is very positive @Captain1arm Smiley Happy

I hope he comes to visit you again Smiley Happy

Keep us posted on how things progress,

Lahna

He is going to come visit me every day he isnt working. He is so sweet @Lahna

Awh how thoughtful Smiley Happy it must be love!