cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDR: Is it worth the risk?

My girlfriend and I have been in a relationship for 5 months now. We’ve been living together after hitting our 3rd monthsary. But now, I guess we need to live separately. Just recently, my girlfriend was assigned to a place very far from our home. She works as a writer in an international dating blog. I know it’ll be very hard but we need to be strong. So yeah, we will be in a long distance relationship. I trust her, and she knows she can trust on me too. Is this worth the risk?

Re: LDR: Is it worth the risk?

Hi @riskingme86 welcome to ReachOut and thanks for sharing with us. I'm sorry to hear that your girlfriend will be moving far away. It sounds like you have concerns about having a long distance relationship which naturally can be hard at times. I'm wondering if this is something you both have discussed openly with each other? What are some ways you feel will help put your mind at ease while she is away? I also wanted to let you know I have sent you an email. 

Hi @riskingme86

Why not? If you love her and trust her then go for it. There is no additional 'risk' in terms of being in a LDR. What tend to happen is the lack of face to face interaction puts a strain on the relationship. 

How do you feel about it? And ask yourself, if it's not worth the risk then are you going to break it just because it's long distance now?

Hey there @riskingme86 and welcome to ReachOut Smiley Happy

How have things been going this week? Did you end up coming to a decision in regards to your relationship? Whatever you choose to do, it's always the right choice. Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!