cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lesbian breakup and dealing with being in the closet

@GemDrummer02 have you heard of Qlife, they offer some great phone or online counselling to LGBTQIA+ people.

Also your not alone.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@Bree-RO Thanks for the advice, it's nice to know there are people who can relate. I haven't heard of Minus18 but I will definetly check it out, thanks 😊

@roseisnotaplant Sounds like your coming out experiences have been similar to mine, my parents are fine with LGBT stuff but my mum in particular doesn't understand it as well as she thinks and that's probably a large part of why she thinks I'm "too young". Ive decided that I'll just have to wait until I'm 18 to tell her and if she still tells me I'm not then there's nothing she can do about it. 

My friends have been great with me  coming out, they were surprised at first and thought I was kidding (apparently I don't come across as gay 😟) but they have been accepting and supportive in the ways that they can. However, it is hard that even though they want to help, they can't because they have no way to understand what's going on with me as they have had no similar experiences.

Im really thankful for all the support people have given me here and im really glad I joined RO, it's really helped me feel less alone 😊

@redhead thanks, I'll check it out 😊

That's my favourite thing about ReachOut - you're never alone Smiley Happy Let us know how you get on with Minus18 and/or QLife @GemDrummer02, and please feel free to come join us in other chats around the forum!