cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Life feels pointless

Hey @StrawberryShortcake,

Sounds like you've been going through a really difficult time. I definitely felt shy when I was a teenager and I can understand feeling nervous to join a party where you don't know many people. I sometimes get nervous going to places where I don't know anyone too, it can feel really intimidating. That's really great that your mum has been so supportive of taking care of your mental health. If you feel comfortable, there are many different mental health professionals who are very empathetic and might be able to help you. Sometimes it takes a few tries to find the right fit.  I agree that you know the most about your own life, but psychologists are trained to be able to help you help yourself if that makes sense? Also, most psychologists will be aware of the time constraints you have (10 sessions) and be able to work within that time frame. Often you'll start by seeing a psychologist once a week or so and then see them less frequently as you progress. Many psychologists will equip you with the tools you need to keep working on your mental health when you're not in session, and so therapy can be more than just when you're in the room with your psychologist (if that makes sense). Kids Helpline is also a great suggestion, and the forums are also here if you need more support.