cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Lockdown 2.0 with nowhere to go

Remember in lockdown 1 when our landlord decided to be an actual asshole and tried to kick us out of house but my partner had no job and I also had very little income so they thought they were being nice by allowing us to stay? 

Oh hahahaha 

welcome to lockdown 2.0 where the landlord is quite possibly the biggest flog I have ever met, yet again. 
we have to be out by September “ideally” because a “previous tenant would like to move in” YOU MEAN HIS SON!? 

Fucking hell 

I replied back saying I am currently away from work dealing with MENTAL HEALTH CONCERNS which have gotten worse but cheers asshole we really need this right now 

Highlighted

Re: Lockdown 2.0 with nowhere to go

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime , 

I'm so sorry to hear that. That is utterly shit news and my heart goes out to you guys - it definitely doesn't sound like what you need right now, and I can imagine how angry and frustrated you must be feeling.

I'm not sure if this helps at all, but I did have a look on the tenants Victoria webpage, and it looks like in general, you can't be evicted before 29 September. Their page outlining the changes to the laws because of covid-19 is here-

I know it' s not a huge difference but it does look like you can't be asked to leave until October at the earliest. 

Mental health stuff can be hard at the best of times and it's awesome that you're putting that first at the moment - were you able to get some more sessions with your psych? 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

Private rental though @Janine-RO I don’t know if the act covers private 

Highlighted

@Janine-RO no, I was not able to get any more.
I called them yesterday and they were helpful in the moment... and then called me again about 10am today to check in but like, whatever is wrong with me that isn’t going to help....
Highlighted

And literally the only reason is because his son (I assume) is moving in, we have done nothing wrong, we pay rent on time, been here a while, always ask before doing stuff, he is just a jerk
Highlighted

Easier to leave so I don’t have to deal with this bs anymore honestly
Highlighted

He does sound like a massive jerk @Saltwaterdreamtime  Smiley Sad  With the rental stuff, there is a tenants advice line I've linked to here where you can speak to a lawyer for free about tenancy issues like this  but I can completely understand why you might feel like it's not worth the hassle and decide to look for a new place instead. 

I'm sorry to hear that you can't keep seeing your psych - you should be eligible for the 10 extra medicare subsidised sessions , do you think your GP might be able to set you up with a referral with someone else? I think i may have mentioned this before as well, but beyond blue's coronavirus mental wellbeing service is also available 24/7 in case you find that helpful. 

You've shown so much strength and  resilience in dealing with what life throws your way and the community is also here for you. It sounds like it's been a really shit day, do you think you'd be able to do something nice for yourself like have a run, or spend some time with your little guy this afternoon? 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

@Janine-RO I don’t know right now, everything is just shit 

Highlighted

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime everything does sound shit right now. I hope you're doing a bit better today, what are you getting up to?

I also just want to echo what @Janine-RO said about your strength, I hope you were able to do something nice for yourself yesterday Heart 

Highlighted

Strength doesn’t fix practical issues I’m afraid