cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Managing my anger in a healthy way goal2

I mentioned in the other thread that I've been working on some goals with Ngaio and Ben and now it's time for me to bring it to the community for support. 

This is my second goal and it's

managing my anger in a healthy way

the type of helo I think I may need 

- suggest how you've overcome anger issues 

- if you know of any anger management workshops or programs that might help me

- If you know of any resources that might help that would be good or

- maybe just encouraging me to go to the programs and organisations I have said I'll go to 

i guess the goals are linked together because my anger would probably decrease if I was seeing psych 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: Managing my anger in a healthy way goal2

@j95 yeah they sound super linked! I am wondering too maybe the Psych runs anger workshops or knows of some?

Have you ever done any mental health type workshops?

Does surfing and skating help with anger?

Well I don't know what psych I'm going to go to maybe VAHS or the healing centre might have anger management stuff I'm not sure

I haven't done workshops before @Bree-RO sometimes skating and surfing helps after like when the anger has gone from extreme to just a little frustration
Other physical activity helps too

Gosh a healing centre sounds so cool @j95 .. Really would be a great resource to access.

Yeah this one https://m.facebook.com/Minajalku-Aboriginal-Healing-Centre-188688264819739/ yeah I want to go but I'm scared

Looks pretty amazing though.. @j95 Smiley Happy What are you concerned about with the visit?

I'm anxious about meeting the new people, what if I don't fit because I don't know much about my background, it's just all new and that scares me, it's uncomfortable, something I haven't done before @Bree-RO but it's also a nice little community feel by the looks of it

@j95 that's how a lot of people start out feeling when they first try to reconnect and the healing centre will know that and go slowly Smiley Happy

Hope so @Ben-RO

I'm just so nervous