cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Media news on COVID-19

Not sure if this rings true to anyone on here, but doesn’t it just make you mad and confused as all hell when the media says things about COVID-19 that don’t sound true or make much sense? Like, e.g, “we’ll come out strong on the other side”, “there’s no cause for alarm”, “don’t panic”, any of that crap? Because I just absolutely hate it to the core and the bottom of my heart to hear this when the whole damn world’s already in so much panic that some parts are even in lockdown (including Australia, Melbourne and nationwide). Like, seriously? This bloody media needs to give it a rest because I really do not need to hear any more about this disease, even if no-one in my house is at risk of catching it. I already know well enough what’s going on, as does everyone else, and I’m even home from my work education course because of this! Now, I don’t know about anyone else on here, but doesn’t it just feel totally and utterly messed up to be home from school just because of a damn virus spreading, even if it is a necessary and important precaution?

Highlighted

Re: Media news on COVID-19

@Matty D  I get what you're saying. While there have been good news stories to come out of the COVID-19 crisis, the reality is that it's a really bad thing that's happened. Smiley Sad Lots of lives have been lost and will continue to be lost. The economy is also suffering. And these are just a few examples.
I'm really sorry that you've had to miss out on your course as a result of the COVID-19 stuff. Smiley Sad
How have you been coping at home?

Highlighted

Hey @Matty D

The way you're feeling right now makes total sense to me, and a lot of other people as well. I think a lot of people have been really struggling with all of the consequence of this pandemic. It's been really confusing to get so many mixed messages from the media, and it's been very difficult for a lot of people. 

Some of the members of our community have also spoken about how this situation around COVID-19, and how it has effected them. You might resonate with some of the things they're talking about, if you wanted to have a read of it?

Highlighted

By social distancing at least 1.5 metres apart from other people, sanitising and washing my hands, etc, and I’m pretty damn certain I won’t die from (or even CATCH) this illness as 248 people have already bounced back from it, only 4 lives in Victoria have been lost (16 in total nationwide) my immune system is super strong, and at least the elderly are much, MUCH more likely to be prone to this disease than the younger ones like myself and my parents.

Highlighted

Sorry, but no thanks, I just want to get away from these mixed messages on social media as much as I can.

Highlighted

Hey @Matty D 

I can empathise about social media being all consuming with COVID-19 stuff at the moment. Good on you for reconsigning the impact it's having and taking a break. I have been doing the same lately, just to give myself time away and collect my thoughts.

Highlighted

Me too, because I don’t need all that extra mixed info that worries the hell out of me when I’m already as cautious enough as I am.