cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mental health

Hi guys, I have bi-polar (depression) Anxiety I have a son who is in my mothers care due to my mental health it's hard I need to get better from him. Tbe depression is worse since I dont have the one thing in this world that actually makes me happy. I see him every day though But child protection seems to think I'm a risk to him yet I would never in a millions years would I harm him. I guess today I feel so down because his just started to stand and I missed maybe he is better off without me. Maybe he would be better off without me are the thoughts are crossing my mind. I'm lost and I'm confused. 

Re: Mental health

Heya @LostGirl15,

I can't imagine how horrible it must feel to not have care of your son, even if you are able to see him regularly Smiley Sad Milestones in particular can make the pain of missing out feel that much worse Smiley Sad

The fact that you clearly love him and you're doing your best to get better shows that he is better off with you in his life, though, even if you're not able to care for him right now. Just because things are this way right now, doesn't mean they always will be Heart

What does your support network look like at the moment?

It hard some times seeing him regularly doesnt seem like enough, the only time a dont see him is when I'm having a bad day other then that I'm with him from 8 in the morning to 8 at night. I'm trying to get better I see my gp every 2 weeks and a mental health worker one a week. I have family support they are helping me to try and get better so I can have my son back. My partner not really supportive he seems to think I should just get over and it's all in my head. 💙💙💙💙

I know it seems bad not seeing when I have a bad. 

@LostGirl15 It sounds like you have a great support system in place!
Although it doesn't sound like your partner fully understands.

I can't begin to imagine how it must feel not to be able to look after your child. It certainly sounds hard. I think its okay to feel like seeing hime during the day isn't enough at times. But you're doing all of the right things! ❤

Monday's Getting Real: Coping with Holiday Blues
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!