Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My options- would love your thoughts please

I have 3 sessions left in the mhcp.
The options i can see are

OPTION1 ::::-keep looking for a bulk billing psychologist
Good: its abit more permanent with more regular sessions
Bad- might take longer time to find someone

OPTION 2 -ask headspace if they would be able to put me on the waiting list (atm is estimated a 2 monthsish wait) but only do monthly sessions with them
So if i got in at around August with 3 sessions  would take me to november and then 2 months without while i wait till the new year

Bad-With this i am abit concerned about how it would work with long gaps and trying to prioritise  the sessions..

Good- i will have supports abit more now even if theres a wait list

OPTION 3 - wait abit later in the year but still spread sessions out but will be closer to getting a review

Bad- wont have supports till end of yr and by then circumstances may have changed

Good- if i wait then  ill be able to make sessions abir closer 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Re: My options- would love your thoughts please

@missep@redhead@Brendos94@DruidChild@N1ghtW1ng@Zeldasmile@Bee@mrmusic@letitgo@lokifish

Any thoughts? 

Do you think you could try both option 1 and 2 @scared01? That way you would have a couple of choices.

I could try @roseisnotaplant i was just hoping  i didnt have to change psychologists constantly. 

Going private might be another option after the 3 sessions are up but im not sure i could afford it financially 

Im not sure headspace offers paying sessions after the mental health care plan is up

yeah it is frustrating to keep switching up psychologists :/

Are you seeing someone currently with the three session you have left @scared01? Is this something you could discuss with them?
Do any of the options appeal to you more over the others?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Yeah it is quite frustrating  @roseisnotaplant

No im not seeing someonr currently @N1ghtW1ng i was but shes just not for me. 

I liked headspacr when i attended  a progam  however if i i use thoske 3 sessions then no other supports till next yr im not sure  how that would wor for me. 

I sent a email asking if when the mhcp ends am i able to stay but use the psych  as i would a private one  (ie pay the full fee) 

Havent heard back yet but im pretty sure they dont do that 

I just received  an email from headspace. They dont allow me to continue seeing the psych  privately  once the mhcp is finished. They have suggested i either go private or wait until later in the yr so that i have the 3 plus the 10 early next year. They have placed me on a waitlist but i can ask them to take me off it ( till later in the year or if i find someone else) or i can stay on it but its up to me. 

Geez why does it have to be so hard!!!!

@Bree-RO@gina-RO @Lan-RO ?

@scared01I'm just catching up on everything. Sounds like a very frustrating and testing set of circumstances you've got! I really feel for you.

Yeah Headspace work on the principal of bulk-billing through medicare so the client incurs no cost. Which can be really hard when you've only got so many sessions through medicare.

I wonder if you would feel up to emailing the psychologists in your area and asking them if they bulk bill and what their fee would be after the MHCP sessions have been used. This might give you an idea of who is around you and what they can help you with.
Otherwise I don't know if you have heard or tried of a program called Personal Helpers and Mentors?

I empathize with how hard it is with limited medicare sessions. I don't think the 10 sessions a calendar year allows for evenly spaced appointments to help appropriately. But what can we do? *shrug*

Keep doing your best, I know it probably feels incredibly overwhelming but you are doing a good job! <3

Join us from Monday 14th in our SLOW-MO GR about New Year Goals & Resolutions
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hey  @scared01 , also just caught up... oh man they do make it difficult dont they. Smiley Sad
It can be a really frustrating situation. 
It really is up to you when to use the sessions with headspace  - it could still worth going a couple of times (spaced out maybe by a few weeks) , but you may decide it's better for you to wait until you can go more regularly for more sessions. 

@Bee 's suggestions would be mine too - you could look outside of Headspace. There are more flexible options with Lifeline, if there's one in your area. They offer MHCP sessions, as well as cheaper sessions for those that can't afford the full fee. 

There are also free youth counselling services in different areas.. I'm not too sure how to specifically help with your situation we don't know your area (and as an anonymous service don't want you to disclose it). A good place to start is often your local community centre, or family referral service. If you google those things in your area, you might find something helpful. 

The options of Personal helpers and mentors is a good one if there's a program near you. 

Sorry that it's not straight forward, but I promise that navigating the complex system, and fighting for the support that you need is worth it.  Heart