cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My options- would love your thoughts please

Hi @scared01, I'm so glad that you are thinking about your wellbeing and mental health and proactively looking into a solution.
@Bee and @gina-RO have provided great suggestions, do you think that this could work for you?
Here for you Heart

This sounds so frustrating for you @scared01. I agree with @missep that it's amazing that you're taking responsibility for your health and working so hard to find a solution to this. 

Could you ask headspace whether they can recommend a bulk billing psychologist near you? Sometimes you can also find bulk billing psychologists through medical centres or your local GP. 

Sending so much support and hope Heart

thank you @DruidChild @Bee @ gina-ro @missep for your responses. im just leaving this thread for tonight. brains not really in the thinking gear so its in one ear and out the other atm. but ill be back when i can to respond properly
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

That is totally okay @scared01 when you are up to it Smiley Happy
Awesome to see you practicing self-care and prioritising Smiley Happy <3

Join us from Monday 14th in our SLOW-MO GR about New Year Goals & Resolutions
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

I agree with @Bee,
I'm really glad to see that you're prioritising your wellbeing and self-care @scared01
Here for you always Heart

hi everyone

i was coming here to write more but after today gp appointment im really just out of sorts. 

i spoke to her about my options. bulk billing isnt an option, i am not sure why others have been able to access it but apparently psychologists arent allowed to bulk bill you outside the mental health care plan. 

she said my best option is to see headspace until my sessions run out and then wait till next year to get another refferral. this sucks it really really sucks!

Hi again @scared01 , sorry to hear that. 

that sounds right though - practitioners can't bulk-bill outside of a MHCP, - and that only allows up to 10 sessions unfortunately.

However, you may still be able to access cheaper counselling sessions through Lifeline or a youth service - is this something you're open to exploring? 

@scared01 that really sucks, the system is awful Smiley Sad 

I believe Kids Helpline and eheadspace used to do regular online or phone counselling sessions, not sure if they still do but you could check? 

well i dont know why some other people i know are getting sessions bulk billed.no idea. doesnt matter anyway. it just sucks.
can eevn find reduced fees, apparently they dont do that either.

yeah @DruidChild khl does that, i could try it its just better sometimes to talk face to face

@scared01 I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. It certainly is an annoying limit the government has on mental health care plans!
I get what you mean that sometimes face to face is better, could you utilize KHL in the interim to get through until next year / when you can get a new referral?

Join us from Monday 14th in our SLOW-MO GR about New Year Goals & Resolutions
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart