cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: New member, looking for people to talk to please.

@Anonymous  I think it's so cool that you live near a lake! We have a lake near our house where we used to feed ducks as kids.
I love listening to music too! Smiley Happy
I haven't been as active as I would like on the forums because I've been dealing with some health issues, but things are starting to settle down now.

I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience at your local headspace and with previous psychologists. Smiley Sad I can see how that would put you off trying a new professional.
Have you ever tried any self-directed services such as moodgym, Mindspot or any apps? They can be useful in between appointments.

Highlighted

oh im sorry about the treatment you received from others! that's not right and shouldn't be happening! @Anonymous I can relate though as I don have much luck with any of my supports either
im glad you have your psychiatrist though and will be seeing a new gp soon. I really hope they are much more supportive and helpful

maybe you could join a walking group to meet some new friends? or maybe find a course youd like to do and join up at tafe?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thank you.

I can't afford TAFE or Uni unfortunately and the free courses you need skills which I don't have and you had to do a course beforehand which I also haven't done.

I'm sorry you don't have supports either, I'll try my best to support you though. I hope the GP is supportive too.

I've tried everything in this small country town, about 4000 or so people, can't get a job/volunteer, meet people, nothing. I've tried everything. It isn't that easy to move though, it sucks.

Thanks for your suggestions anyway x

Highlighted
Anonymous

That's awesome!

I'm sorry you've been dealing with health issues, I hope you feel better soon.

Yeah I did a Mindspot course but I didn't find it helpful, my Psychiatrist recommended that to me and they sent him (with my consent) my results, my K10 score has gone up from 38 to 43 (which is a very distressed range).

@WheresMySquishy @scared01 (sorry scared01, forgot to tag you in my previous comment to you)

Highlighted

hey @Anonymous that's all good!

oh really? would centrelink pay for you to do a course?
when my mum was struggling to find a job, they put her onto a job seeking company that actually helped her find something she wanted to do, paid for her studies and then helped her to find a job as well. maybe they could help you out with a course and/or getting a job

thank you, I appreciate that. we are all in this together Heart
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks, and you're welcome.

I don't think they'd pay for it, I did apply for the DSP and waiting to hear back from them though.

@scared01 

Highlighted

hopefully you hear back about the DSP soon @Anonymous if not then id suggest asking them about helping you find a job or helping pay for a course. no harm in asking Smiley Happy

So, hows your night treating you?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I guess so.

I've been struggling lately. My Beyond Blue forum account got deactivated, waiting to hear back from them so they can reactivate it. Just because someone bullied me but my account gets deactivated, sigh.

And struggling to cope in general. How about you and others here?

Highlighted

oh im sorry that it was deactivated @Anonymous and even more sorry you were bullied. I hope you find being here much better and no bullying. if there is any bullying happening here or it ever happens report it to our moderators, they don't take bullying lightly here.

im alright atm, just studying and its taken quite a lot of focus trying to work out what they are talking about.

do you want to talk about what your struggling with? maybe we can help you?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thank you @scared01. Sorry for my slow replies, I was colouring in for a bit, sometimes that helps me a little.

As I mentioned, I'm just struggling in between sessions with my psychiatrist. My parents said I should try and ask him if I can see him more than once a month (this is on Skype, so Telehealth, by the way) and if I can somehow contact him so an email or something, only for urgent things an questions about meds or something, since I have to email the company and they pass on the messages for me to him, which is fine but I'd rather me just communicate with him because I feel like there's not as much privacy with the company passing stuff on for me. Would you agree?

I understand certain rules, boundaries etc. and I don't want to invade my psychiatrists privacy, and his personal life. I understand his busy schedule and I'm just thankful I can see him at all and how great he is, he's helped me and is always polite.

I told him that I'm a burden and I'm sorry in the last session a few days ago and he said "you're not a burden, that's my job" in a kind reassuring way with a smile, but I still feel like I am although it was nice to hear that reassurance from him personally rather than someone else saying it, you know? I guess he's right, it is his job but I feel like I'm relying on him too much, and that's not my fault, it's because my GP won't do anything, and he knows this. So him and the meds are all I have, and my parents.

I just want to cry because I'm struggling so much and I feel like I'm making him do so much for me such as prescribing me meds, giving me therapy as much as he can, ect. Of course I appreciate it and I know it's his job but I feel like sometimes he might worry about me, and I don't want him to feel like he should drop everything and worry about me because as nice as that is, I'm not his only patient and he has a busy work and personal life which I understand.

He's always nice to me, caring and concerned too. He smiles at me and has a gentle voice which puts me at ease and we can talk about anything and have a laugh, even random things such as the weather which I like. Do you think he does that to try and make me comfortable?

Sorry for the lenthy post and for me rambling on. @WheresMySquishy