cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more post, thank you.

Smiley Happy

Re: I’m ready to open up about what happened to me.

Hey there @Findingbetter,

Thank you for coming here and sharing your story with us. It is difficult to open up about traumatic events and you have been incredibly brave and courageous to do so here. I just wanted to let you know that I edited your post and added a trigger warning for our other users. 

It can be difficult to have self-love and believe in ourselves. Negative thoughts are overwhelming at times and that's okay. ReachOut has a factsheet here on challenging negative thoughts that might be useful for you. 

You don't need to like sex if you don't want to either, although there are a lot of pressures in around us to like it, especially if you're in a relationship, it's always a personal choice. 

As you've already mentioned, a lot of our resources won't be helpful to you as they are Australian based but our factsheets are open for you to read. Smiley Happy These ones here and here are on sexual assault and might help you gain some understanding. 

In the US, there are a plenty of services that you can access. From our International Services page, there's Your Life, Your Voice which offers a few different kinds of communication that might be easier than face to face and National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, which has webchat and phone. 

That’s perfectly fine. I impulsively removed it due to the fact having it up was freaking me out a little bit. I’ll click on everything you sent me here, I appreciate you taking the moment to contact me back. I’m determined not to have those two years define who I am. One way or another I’ll find self love, or else what’s the point right? But thank you. Enjoy your days. ❤️

Hi there @Findingbetter ,

I can see that you've removed your post and sorry to hear you were freaking out about having it there. I'm sorry to hear how anxiety provoking that was for you Heart I'm glad to hear you'll look through the resources @Jess1-RO has linked Heart

Your determination is inspiring! Please let us know how you feel after reading through the resources Smiley Happy

Join us from Monday 14th in our SLOW-MO GR about New Year Goals & Resolutions
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart