cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not coping

Awesome that you are still functioning with those things @DruidChild. That is still something to be really proud of Smiley Happy You are doing well and you've got this. Just a consideration that it might be important for you to reach out before it turns into a crisis Heart I hope you find something to focus on for the rest of your night or at least get an early sleep if that is helpful!

That’s nice of you to say but I respectfully disagree; for me functioning isn’t something to be proud of, it just means I am too afraid of being punished for not coping to stop functioning. All it does is mask the fact that I’m not okay and allow me to get more and more unwell because I am so good at functioning and hiding or denying how I feel. I’m not doing well, I’m hiding how sick I am because I am afraid of the trauma that always results from failing to function. 

Thank you for the well wishes @Taylor-RO will probably get an early night Heart

Sorry that you feel differently and that is how things are for you @DruidChild. I acknowledge that this is what sits with you right now. I think it is important for you to feel free to express yourself and not have to hide or deny how you feel. Is there an opportunity that allows you to do this, if just for a moment? I hope the early night helps Heart