cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Not doing very ok at the moment.

Hi guys

once again I’m not sure I’m posting  this in the right place for such a topic,  but few years back I posted about how my father needed help and to be honest I’m not sure what I was looking to get out of that, nor this, but here it goes.

I don’t know if it is because of all what is going on but it certainly hasn’t helped and I’m sure there are several similar posts here that I haven’t seen because I just logged on here and started typing off the top of my head but there would Be people out there much worse off than me and I would not say that I am suicidal or anything like that in the least & people may call me out for just having a whinge about in the end not a lot to be complaining about but what actually spurred me to jump on here and vent is I am not one to be known to be good with the dating and stuff like that but lately I met someone online and things seemed to be going really well! We chatted for a few weeks and nearly met up a couple of times but something always seemed to come up last minute and then on the day we were actually supposed to meet I jumped online to see I had been blocked across all the platforms I had added her on over the weeks we had chatted. Now this wasn’t just another person for me, no one ever really talks back with me or gives me the time of day but this was maybe 2 weeks worth of quality chat and banter and call me stupid but this was the closest thing I’ve had to something on that front in quite a while.

Then with work one of our staff quit last week throwing our whole roster into a scramble meaning I have to work much longer hours and will rarely be getting 2 days off in a row again probably for quite some time.

Like I said not sure what I want to become of this post and hope it doesn’t come off as a whinge. I mean look at Melbourne at the moment and the heavy lockdown they all are going through and people have it way worse than me but I am in a rut and just so over my current routine and living situation. My whole life I’ve dreamed of going overseas on a monster trip across the USA and have saved up for it and repeatedly pitched it to mates but none want to save so if I ever want to do it I’ll have to go alone and that’s if international travel is ever allowed again. If I don’t have that carrot at the end of this extremely long stick then what is the point of doing anything. Get up, go to work come home, what for the next 60 or years or so with nothing to ever look forward to. It’s feel good to at least vent this and even writing it down has helped some what And posting it might not make it make it any better than just even writing it now but basically I’m a bit over it and hope something changes soon

Highlighted

Re: Not doing very ok at the moment.

Hello @Willlowtree , I am sorry to hear that you have not been feeling the best lately. I think things are quite tough for a lot of people right now, so you are definitely not alone. It's awesome to hear that you found it helpful to write your thoughts out and to share these here on the forums. It sounds like you have had a tough time lately. The situation that you described with that girl and how she randomly blocked you sounds really terrible. It must have been really difficult for you when you noticed and were not too sure why you were suddenly cut out! Adding stress from working constantly on top of the random blocking must makes things hard for you. I hope that you have been able to speak to some of your friends and get some support from them around this.

I also am hating the uncertainty around future holidays! It sounds like you have a really awesome holiday planned out, but that you aren't sure if it will come to fruition just yet. I think it would still be a good idea to keep this as a future plan as it sounds like you are really invested in it. It might be helpful for you to plan to go away in a few years time, as maybe some of your friends might have changed their minds by then. Hopefully by then international travel will be a sure thing!

From the sounds of it there has been a lot on your mind lately. Do you have any close friends or family members that you can talk to about these thoughts? Do you have any other services that you are using for support at the moment? Robot Happy

Highlighted

Hey @Willlowtree 

@Sophia-RO has done an incredible job in responding however I wanted to say that people on this forum will never pick anyone out for complaining, if an issue is big enough to make you feel down it is big enough to talk about, Everyone has their own issues not one is better or because because everyone is different and everyone handles their issues differently. You are always welcome on this forum, without judgement. 

Highlighted

Heya  @Willlowtree  Smiley Happy

Just to echo what @LeapofFaith said, you're always welcome to post no matter how big or small you think the problem is. Being ghosted on social media is something a lot of people can probably relate to, as is having to postpone holidays. It really sucks! You mentioned that writing this out has helped - do you tend to journal much about your thoughts and feelings? Some people find it quite useful to get things onto paper (or the computer screen Smiley Tongue)

Hey @Willlowtree it doesn't sound like a whinge at all, honest! Often our brains tell us that our problems aren't worth worrying about but that's not true, in fact it's often a sign that you're not coping with things. Just because other people are having it hard doesn't mean things aren't having an impact on you too and we'll always be here to listen Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear about what happened with that girl. It sounds like it really caught you off-guard especially when you were feeling hopeful about everything. I can't tell you what was happening but sometimes people block other people when they start to have second thoughts and don't know how to just nicely tell the person. I only assume this is what happened since she flaked out a bit on other occasions? Either way it's not a very nice thing to do, and I'm guessing it probably has more to do with her thoughts than what you did. I know it's hard but don't feel like you should blame yourself.

It's awful with your roster changing- I know the feeling of all of a sudden getting stuck into a work schedule which sucks. Is there anything you could do on your day off that might help you recharge and keep you sane?

I also get the trip thing entirely. I was planning to go to America this year too! I want to say that delay is not denial- just because your dreams have been delayed doesn't mean they'll never happen. You've still got your savings and America isn't going anywhere! Maybe when you finally do get the chance to go over there you'll have more friends who want to come with you, or you'll find a great opportunity to go with a group of like-minded people who you haven't met before. It's really hard to stay optimistic when we don't know what the future is like, but this won't be forever. Is there anything that you can do to look forward to in the short-term, maybe like a project or buying something really nice with your extra work money? I hope things look up soon too!

Highlighted

@Willlowtree we appreciate your posting- sorry to hear that things have been rough for you recently. How are things for you now? @StormySeas17 @lokifish @LeapofFaith and @Sophia-RO have given som great insight so far- has any of it resonated with you? Feel free to continue using this thread to express how you feel, if you like!

Highlighted

@Willlowtree  hey there, just thought I'd check in as it's been a while since you have posted. Have any of the posts here resonated with you? Feel free to let us know how you are travelling recently.