cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: OCD is a b*tch

@indieinsanus No, I don't think so. I'm either observing myself from inside myself, or it feels like there's nothing to observe. Your description rings a bell though, and I'm not sure why. It's possible that I have had that, but it happened during a very distressing time that I prefer not to remember.

Is it related to feeling distant from yourself?

@indieinsanus Thanks for letting me know, I'll check it out. 

And I think linking is done by copying the url and pasting it into your response..? I'm not 100% sure though..

@Tiny_leaf  Its related to alot of things and feelings. Some days it is feeling like im observing myself from outside my body, sometimes i feel trapped behind my eyes, sometimes i feel sick because i am so aware of myself. Sometimes i look at my family, and they feel like strangers. 

its alot of feelings that come and go

i think this is the link ? please let me know if it works

https://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Getting-Help/depersonalisation-and-derealisation/m-p/356759

@indieinsanus Yep, the link works!

And I don't so much get seeing my family as strangers, but I know that familiar places feel like I've never seen them before sometimes.

I think I get what you guys mean @indieinsanus @Tiny_leaf. I sometimes get this feeling like I am experiencing my whole day from underwater, or from behind glass, and it's like even though I am going through the motions of talking to people and doing things, I'm not really 'there' and I'm disengaged. I get the feeling of feeling strange with your family - sometimes I come home and it's like they're there but I don't feel connected to them. It's like they feel so distant and far away from the tiny version of myself that is stuck inside my body during these experiences and they just can't get through. 

Highlighted

@queenP i hate this, especially feeling disconnected from my family. Its very disheartening and in some sense, scary. 

Does anyone ever get brain fog ? i do. it sucks

I haven't checked this thread in a while! I hope everyone is doing okay. I sometimes have depersonalisation myself, though it's mild. @indieinsanus - I get brain fog quite a lot. It seems to happen mostly when I'm really stressed and someone is asking me a question. Like the other day my psychologist asked me what anxiety means to me and I couldn't think of anything even tough I've dealt with it all my life and am studying psychology. Brains are weird Smiley LOL

So I've been doing really great (my new meds seem to be going well!) but suddenly hit a crisis point at the moment. I probably should make a new thread but since it is OCD related my first thought was to post here. 
TW: animal death Smiley Sad
So sadly my bearded dragon seems to have passed away two nights ago Smiley Sad and my OCD is really playing up a lot, thinking things like 'it's my fault -- this happened because I didn't preform my compulsions' and all those horrible thoughts. I know it wasn't -- she was about nine years old and passed peacefully in her sleep, but OCD is so loud sometimes. I'm doing okay now and trying not to let OCD bother me too much, though. I'm just really hoping I can get through this okay. Heart

Hey @Hozzles 

Thanks so much for the update. 

I'm so sorry to hear that your pet passed away. Pets can be such a great source of comfort for us, and losing a pet can be so difficult. It's great that you're aware that it isn't your fault, and instead it is just your OCD playing up because you're grieving sad at the moment. You are doing the right thing by trying to not let your OCD bother you too much. Clearly, you are a very loving owner, and cared for your pet a lot, hence being so effected by it's passing!!! Also, I just googled what a bearded dragon is (I've never seen or heard of one) and their average lifespan, which turns out to be between 6 and 10 years. So if you convert that to human years, your pet lived til about 90, which is super long. I'm sure it had a very great life with you in it! Also, passing in it's sleep sounds quite peaceful. 

Thanks again for reaching out and keeping us updated. It sounds like you are on the way up - despite this little hiccup - which I'm sure you'll be able to tackle. Stay strong and we are here for you throughout this. Heart

Hi @Hozzles! I just wanted to let you know that I'm really sorry about the loss of your beloved pet. Heart I have lost a few pets over the years too and I really miss them. I'm sure your bearded dragon loved you and wouldn't have blamed you for her death. You sound like a really good owner.

Hey @Hozzles, I'm really sorry to hear about the death of your pet. They can be such a source of joy and support, even without saying a word. I also am so sorry that OCD has latched onto this loss. I find that the more I care about something, the more my OCD attaches to it and attacks it. I know it's so hard to cope with the horrible thoughts and feelings OCD sends your way, but know that if your OCD is playing on this topic, all it means is that your pet was important to you and shows how much you loved him. I am sending all my love and best wishes your way. Stay strong xx