cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Parents going away for the weekend

Hey @Matty D, from your posts above, it sounds like you have strategies in place to manage your feelings while your parents are away. How are you feeling today leading up to this?

I'm actually somewhat better about it now, because as the time gets closer each day, I feel less sad about what's going on, because it all becomes more clearer and easier to understand and think through.

@Matty D that's really good to hear! Best of luck for this weekend and if you need any support you know where to find us Smiley Happy

Thank you. That means a lot to me.

Hey @Matty D, how is your weekend going?

Well, I’m sorry to say it started off with me being very deeply sad, crying and heartbroken without my parents at first, but got better day by day and they’re back now, but unfortunately I’m still not totally happy, because this morning, I just found out that a few sentences were missing from my clean and edited version of a story, and I asked my mum when it can be fixed, and she said when she’s back at work after the holidays, but the thing is, I really can’t wait until then, and I tried printing it with my dad’s printer in his work study, but it was too risky to waste so much paper, and I would’ve just straight up told them it’s too long for me to wait, but I don’t want to bother them with that stuff at the moment (even though, at the same time, I really want something to be done about it A.S.A.P) as they only just came back from their trip and they’re a little exhausted and worn out. Can someone direct me to one of the mods or managers who can help me out with this? This story means a lot to me, and I’m really stuck with what to do right now! (P.S., sorry if my story title goes against the guidelines, and if I’m too stressed out over nothing here, if you know what I mean.)

It's great that your weekend improved @Matty D Smiley Happy Is your story already printed? Maybe you could go to a library or something (do they have printers?)
Did your parents enjoy their trip? Perhaps tomorrow after they've settled in you could explain your urgency to them and you might be able to come up with a solution. How does that sound?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Yes, they did enjoy being away for 2 nights, and I just had a talk with my mom and showed her the post about the whole thing, and she said as we’re gonna go shopping in the morning, we can re-print it off from my dad’s printer tomorrow afternoon (even though my story is already printed, and I just asked my dad about it and he said it’s fine, he doesn’t mind if all the paper’s used up, I can use as much paper as I want and he can get some more from work, and the reason I’m re-printing the entire thing over again is because, unfortunately, there were a few sentences I didn’t realise were left out until this morning - damn it! -) and I’m much more relaxed about it now. And, don’t tell me not to be sorry for this, because I am for being so worried over little things. Doesn’t anyone on here think it’s pointless to even be like that in the first place? 💔😢😭

@Matty D I'm glad you were able to talk to your parents and get it sorted! Smiley Happy so great!

It sounds like talking about your worry and finding a solution helped you cope with it, is that right?

In regards to worrying about little things, I wonder if you'v heard of anxiety before? While we cannot doagnose anything on the forums it aounds a bit like anxiety to me we actually have a video which explains the difference between normal anxiety and an anxiety disorder here if you'd to have a look 🙂

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

I have heard of this feeling before, and I know it can’t be diagnosed on here, but I’m just asking if anyone on here thinks it’s pointless to be worried over the smallest things? I mean, there’s no need to make mountains out of molehills, is there?