cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pets

Ok so last year I got a pet bird for my birthday and I named her cheeky u can tell I loved her very much and she was so young still when I got her but she passed away also last year and she was the best thing that ever happened to me and she really lived up to her name like she would open the door of her cage and and fly out and find me and she was just amazing and even tho it’s been over a year I just can’t get over her and it still really hurts and idk what to do 

Re: Pets

Hey @cheeky, welcome to ReachOut! I'm sorry to hear about your loss of Cheeky, I can relate to having pets pass away - it's really hard to take in, isn't it? They're such important parts of our lives! Have you tried reaching out to a friend or relative for support regarding this? We also have this article here that you might find helpful in reading. Sending virtual hugs along your way <3

Yeah I have I talk whenever I’m feeling down about it and if their not around I try and listen to music bc music makes me happy but no matter what I do it just doesn’t stop hurting and I think the main reason it hurt so bad is bc she was my first pet I had and it only happened about a month or two after I got her

Losing your first pet is really hard @cheeky, isn't it? I can imagine the pain you must be going through. It's great to hear that you've tried to alleviate this by talking and listening to music. Given that both ways have yet to stop the hurting, perhaps the next step is having a chat to a health professional like a school counsellor?