cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me it urgent!

My friend is depressed and he is saying that he is worthless and just wants to die and i dont know what to do, please help me!!!
i have been in this situation, i have attempted suicide before but i dont know what to do, please help me what can i say to make him stop!

Re: Please help me it urgent!

Hi there,

This is a terrible situation to be put in but it is REALLY important you get help for your friend. Do you have his parent's phone number? Could you give them a call (if he is currently at home).

If you know where he is and you are concerned he is going to hurt himself you need to call the police. The police can do a "welfare check" on him where they will send someone over to make sure he is okay and then they will take him to hospital and make sure he gets the help he needs. It's difficult to do but I have many friends who have done it and I also have friends who have had it done on them, and eventually they are thankful.

Please call the police and/or his parents.

Hi HELP_ME,

I'm sorry to hear that your friend is so distressed, but it's good that they reached out to you. If your friend reached out to you at this moment in crisis, they know you are a friend who cares about them, that is super important.
If you think they are in immediate danger of self harm, you can call 000.

You can also call Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800 or Lifeline on 13 11 14. They can give you advice and support, even if your friend doesn't want to talk to them (although hopefully they will).

I can imagine you might be feeling really panicky right now, but there is support for you, and for your friend. Neither of you needs to go through this alone - try to ring one of the numbers I suggested!
Here's some info which might help you:

My friend is suicidal.

Good luck!

blithe

Hey HELP_ME,

How did things go with your friend? Did you talk to him? I hope you both got through it ok.

They are fine they didnt end up doing anything as his parents were home and such. Thanks x

Thanks xx

thanks xx
Highlighted

That is so good to hear!