cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Professional Help - is awesome

@InspireAll wrote:

Always good to get a second opinion

Definitly!! Smiley Happy It's not always easy to find it though....

Knowing I'd be really screwed without my psch, helps me avoid quitting therapy altogether...... *sigh* Why can't it be easy???    

Highlighted

what if you dont want to see counsellors but have been getting help from a teacher, who also says if things get worse that i am meant to take you to one, i dont think i can go to a cousellor what should i do about this

Highlighted

@chloep wrote:

what if you dont want to see counsellors but have been getting help from a teacher, who also says if things get worse that i am meant to take you to one, i dont think i can go to a cousellor what should i do about this

Your teacher can only do so much for you and may not be properly trained to help you; that's why they may have to defer you to a counsellor instead. Unlike with a counsellor, if someone isn't properly trained to help you their advice could end up doing more harm than good.

But, still, I can understand your concern. Why don't you want to see a counsellor?

If you read back through the rest of this thread again, you can see how everyone has talked about how positive it has been for them to see a counsellor. They all had the same concerns you did and those concerns turned out to be completely unfounded. Smiley Happy