cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Question about Dr perscriptions?

I suffer with anxiety but most worse extremely bad panic attacks.. My doctor in the inner city that i used to see percribed me some medication and the bottle lasted me a little over a year. I was fine not having them for a while and now my panic attacks have come back and even worse. 

Am i able to go to my local Dr and explain i have been perscribed them before but due to moving and not being able to travel on public transport because of my anxiety i cant get back to the Dr who percribed them to me & i need another perscription.

Because i have asked for advice from other people about it and they say its way to hard to get persribed anxiety medications at certain Drs.. But if i have been perscribed them before it should be in the system yes?

Please help.. Every day is such a struggle for me latley... I know these have worked in the past and i cant deal with my panic attacks any lionger!!!

Re: Question about Dr perscriptions?

Hey @Damaged4790 

Welcome to the ReachOut.com forums.

Firstly, I just need to let you know that I had to edit your post a little bit. We do not allow specific discussion of medications on these forums - please checkout the guidelines for more details.

I would really recommend that you go see your doc about your anxiety problems and let them help you. It might be that they prescibe you the same meds as your previous doctor or they might have other suggestions on what might help (e.g. counselling). If you tell them that the previous medication worked well then they will definitely take that into consideration. However, I noticed in another post of yours that you are having substance abuse problems as well - you need to let the new doctor know about that too, as they will be able to provide you with some treatment options for that as well. 

Sorry to hear your anxiety is really bad at the moment. Have you got any techniques that help you cope? For example, deep breathing?

Take care of yourself and I hope you speak to a doc soon.

MM. 

Hey Damaged! Sorry to hear things are so tough right now, but I'm so glad you found us here. Hope you found some of the info from MM helpful and that you stick around the forums...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Hey @Damaged4790 

How have things been? Any luck getting to the doctors?

Hey @Damaged4790 

How have things been? I just wanted to let you know that if you've been prescribed the medication before, and you give permission, a new doctor will be able to contact your previous doctor to find out about medications you've been on before. Alternatively, if you've still got the empty packet/bottle, you can take that to the doctor with you and show them so they can see the dosage and prescription date. I've done this a couple of times when I've been interstate and caught out without medication and I've never had a problem.

Good luck Smiley Happy

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know I found a doctor that was able to help me out Smiley Happy Thankgod because latley i have been experiencing the worst panic attacks yet! So they have been very handy.. When I stress and worry I go way over bored and work myself up to the point where my whole body is shaking unbelievably out of control and I can't calm myself down. Its scarey! thanks for your help & time Smiley Happy x

That's great to hear @Damaged4790 I'm so glad you're getting the help you deserve.