cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hard time with myself right now

Hey everyone, I'm very anxious tonight about what I'm about to tell you all, but does anyone on here think it's unnecessary and just plain pointless to be anxious over small things like other people's idle suggestions and wish they were never even feeling that way in the first place?

Hey @Matty D I am sorry you are having a hard time with yourself right now. We're always here to listen Heart I am not 100% sure what you are asking, do you mean other people's small suggestions make you anxious? Keen to hear more Smiley Happy 

Yes, that’s exactly what I mean - most days, I find myself getting somewhat anxious over other people’s suggestions (don’t know why) and it’s kind of starting to bug the hell out of me now. I mean, even though it’s just part of who I am, I don’t know if it serves much purpose (or any at all) to be this way over little things like this.

You feel the anxiety doesn't serve a purpose? @Matty D It sounds like you are really frustrated with this feeling, which is totally understandable. What do you think would help to make you less anxious?

Telling my psychiatrist about it (which I will in person in 2 weeks’ time, even though I emailed him earlier already). And anxiety-wise, does anyone on here think I should stop being so anxious over the smallest stuff and kick this feeling? I’m asking this to find out if it really DOES serve a purpose to be like this or not, ‘cos I certainly don’t have a clue. 😢😭💔

Highlighted

@Matty D Anxiety serves a purpose in letting our bodies know something is wrong, or that something needs our attention. It's definitely uncomfortable though and I can understand why it's hard for you.

It sounds like idle suggestions give you anxiety, would deep breathing help at all when someone is posing these questions? Or walking away and having a break. I hope your Psych emails you back with some good tips Smiley Happy How are you feeling now?

I’m OK now, I was just eager for some advice, and walking away from the situation would do wonders for me.