cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Misunderstanding with Mum

Hey everyone, just wanted to give you all an update on my post from last night saying that I hated myself, it was wrong and untrue to say that about myself, I never meant to say such a thing about my own self, and I won't ever say that about me again.

@Matty D I think it just shows that you're human and under stress it's not unheard of to feel crappy about ourselves. What makes the difference is being able to reflect and regroup after. Which sounds like what you did. Thanks for touching base with us!

Highlighted

Yeah, well, even if I am human like everyone else, and feeling bad about ourselves isn’t rare, I have EVERY right to be as sorry as I want to be after - or if - things like these are said about our own selves, and I reckon it would be a HELL of a lot better if, next time these feelings pop up, I just sit with the feeling as long as I possibly can and wait it out, rather than saying “I hate myself”, because no-one wants to say such a harsh thing about themselves, and there are much better and constructive ways to cope with these feelings in the moment instead of “hating” ourselves, don’t you think? 

Re: Making decisions

Hey @TOM-RO, it’s Matty D here, and I’m under a fair bit of worry and stress at the moment, and I know I shouldn’t really be feeling this way too much, but is anyone on here able to give me some good advice on whether I necessarily ALWAYS “need to” make my own decisions for myself or not? Because I’m gonna be 21 years of age in 2 months’ time, and I know I also shouldn’t really be doing this either, but I also have other worries ballooning up inside me - what about in, like 5 - 10 years’ time, for example, someone in my family might ask me if I want something or what kind of food I want, and I can’t make up my own mind? I’m really anxious and worried, and I know everyone else might be busy today, but I would really appreciate it if I could get at least some advice as soon as possible about this?

Re: Under stress

If any community members aren’t busy tonight and are free for a talk, I’m really, really, REALLY worried about whether to stop using words in the English language such as “hell”, “damn”, “crap”, “bloody”, or “goddamn” or not wherever I am, including my home (even though my mum and I just talked about it and she said those words aren’t even offensive to anyone within my family), I’m still in a lot of doubt, worry, anxiety, fear, and stress about this matter, and I can’t decide whether or not to force myself to stop saying them when I’m home or outside of home, because what if they slip out while I’m at, e.g, my godmother’s house, my cousins’ houses, my grandparents’ houses, etc, and any other people they might have over might be offended by them?! I really need help urgently, I’m stressing endlessly! S.O.S! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT, WHAT AM I TO DO?!

Hey  @Matty D I get where you are coming from. We all do it, it happens from time to time. So you are most concerned about your Grandmother hearing you say something like this? Perhaps if you did accidentally do it in front of her you could apologise, and say you are working on it. That is so nice you asked your family what their thoughts were Smiley Happy Sounds like you communicate really well with your parents and have a good relationship there.

Well, yes, but mostly other people that I sometimes go and see in my family, like my godmother's house, my cousins' houses, when I'm out at shopping centres with my mum and dad, etc, and even though those words aren't offensive to me, my mum, dad, or both my grandmas, I'm worried some other people who may be at my godmother's and my cousins' places, or whom I see in shopping centres (especially the last place I listed down), might hear me say them and take great offence for them, and I can't decide for myself at all on whether to stop saying them in those circumstances or not, offensive or not!!!!!

Anybody there?

I’m super, uber worried as to whether it’s safe for me to say those five words I listed in one of my above posts in front of my cousin; he’s 14, and I don’t know if that’s old enough for him to hear words like that, because he might get into trouble for it at his home by accidentally saying them with or in front of his parents! SOMEONE HELP ME DECIDE!!!!! I don’t wanna get him into trouble by saying words that aren’t swears to me, but am still unsure as to whether they are to my cousin!!!!!!