cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW- what’s holding me back from suicide?

I just have no interest in food anymore and food is just food to me now. Nothing special and I don’t like some foods more than others. I hate it all

Wow that sounds like some delicious spaghetti! Lol
I am really wondering how on earth you managed to do that tho! That’s some pretty good skills there

That sucks.. I remember feeling like that, it's really horrible.. 

And I know!! I even amazed myself!!! I still don't know how exactly I did it though.... but yes, I am clearly an accomplished chef Smiley Tongue

You should buy a restaurant to sell this amazing spaghetti! I’m sure people would love it and it definitely deserves its own restaurant

Hey Guys, 

Please remember that we need to be really careful with how we talk about certain things on the forum, particularly the language around eating disorders, and describing methods of self harm. 

If you guys like, I'll make a post today that explains how we can talk about these things properly on the forum, where you can go to talk about it safely in more detail, and why we try to avoid talking about any explicit methods related to self harm on the forums at all Smiley Happy

@Andrea-RO thank you for the reminder. Smiley Happy

I absolutely understand, I know that I sometimes find accidentally reading self harm methods similar to the ones I used really triggering, and I know that EDs can be extremely sensitive. 

I unfortunately don't remember what is was in our conversation that wasn't careful enough, but I'd like to avoid repeating it. Are you able to tell me roughly what it was so that I can avoid doing it in the future? 

That's no worries at all @Tiny_leaf Smiley Happy It's so easy to forget that the forums are actually a public place when you're in the middle of a really personal and private feeling D and M. 

When it comes to discussing ED we really want everyone to avoid any mention to the ways people might engage in an eating disorder, including talking about past experiences or current ruminations. This is a bit more restrictive than how some other topics can be spoken about on the forums, but we've found that discussion around EDs can be incredibly triggering for a lot of people, which is why we have such specific limits on what someone can and can't say Heart

@Andrea-RO that makes sense, thank you.

I'll try to keep that in mind and be more careful there in the future. 

Highlighted

@Bananatime04 I really should open a special restaurant for it!! That's way better than my other plan, which was to use my ridiculous pasta as a building material. Smiley Tongue

Hmmm... How about Tiny Leaf's Miraculous Pasta as the restaurant name?

Sorry I haven’t been on for a while @Tiny_leaf
I’ve not been well and I’m just about to start my history assignment that I’ve been stressing about for the past couple days

Sorry @Andrea-RO Smiley Sad