cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW- what’s holding me back from suicide?

@Bananatime04 sure, what do you need?

my pop was in a car accident today
Highlighted

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry....

Is he in hospital or..?

No he won’t go and he needs to..
His car is like crushed and the wheels are messed up and it’s actually quite big too.. Its a Mitsubishi triton

That sucks.. my grandmother get attacked by a dog a while back.

The owner of the dog was kinda going "Oh my gosh!! Okay, let me get you to a hospital, get in the car". My Nana (while bleeding from her arm) just went "Oh no, I have a doctor's appointment today, I'll be okay."

People can be really stubborn sometimes...

(she eventually did have to go to hospital, and has recovered now)

Did he get checked out by an ambulance crew after the crash at all?

Also, the car being crushed could be a good thing. Cars today are designed with "crumple points". It means that the force from the crash is used up crushing the car, so the person inside is less likely to be hurt. 

Yea my pop hates going to the hospital.. like he had a stroke last year and was home by himself and he was bleeding on his head and elbow and didn’t call an ambulance after he woke up on the ground. He called mum after waking up and still wouldn’t go anywhere and even tho we are 2 hours away from him now, we had to call the ambulance for him. He hated that but it was pretty serious and he ended up having surgery a couple times then got a pace maker put in.. which is also one reason why he needs to go because he has a really bad heart
I don’t think the ambulance was there but idk.. the car has been taken somewhere

@Bananatime04 that sucks...

Is it possible to convince him to see a gp or something instead of going to hospital?

No he won’t even go anywhere.. he said he has a really sore head and he hurt his shoulder pretty bad Smiley Sad
I’m really worried @Tiny_leaf

I'm so sorry that you had to go through this @Bananatime04.
I don't have a bad heart, but I know what it's like to pass out unexpectedly (if that's how a stroke works).

I agree with @Tiny_leaf. Some people can be soooo stubborn! Which is really stupid, because if I ever pass out from my Chronic Low Blood Pressure, I'll ignore some of the signs and pass out anyway. I love being competitive and don't like being cared for by others, so maybe that's what your pop feels like...
Maybe?
I'm sorry, but there's nothing much that we can do.
Here for you anyway.

Thanks Lexi
No my pops just always hated the hospital because he’s had bad experiences and whenever he’s been, he’s had to stay for a long time which he hates.. he just likes to think he’s fine so he doesn’t have to go there