cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: What's 'Getting help' all about?

For me I don't think I am getting help. I don't feel safe at home without my dad home. My Mum doesn't like me she thinks I am embarrassing to her. My friends always say that I cut my hair to be just like one of my other friends but I am not. Know one sees me of who I am I wish I had someone to talk to. I just hate my life so much and I don't know what to do anymore. I and scared, tired and I hate not being myself. When I am at home I am someone else, when I am at school I am someone else and when it is my birthday I am still someone else. I want to be me for once in my life and I want someone to like me for once for who I am. 

For me life doesn't go my own way I always wish that I could die. I just need help. I have been to so many wep sites and signed up for a lot of things but nothing has helped me. Help is all about being there for someone and helping them in the tough times and when there upset we can help them be happy again by seeing what is wrong and fixing it to make the not worry anymore or to make them feel good about them self. For me I am not getting any help but I help a lot of people and that just makes me feel like I should be grateful for what I have and what other people are doing for me. I just wish someone is there for everyone to help them out. For me there is know one but I have to live by that. But I can be the one who can help other people because life doesn't

like me and it never will. People out there need our help so we should stop worrying what we need because what we really need is to help other people to help our self.

Highlighted

Hi @Mia_2006, thanks for having the courage to post that. Heart I can see that you are in a lot of distress right now, and I'm so sorry that things are this tough. Just giving you a heads up that I have moved your post into it's own thread so that you can get more support from other users. Heart

You have mentioned that you are having thoughts of suicide. There is a small part of you that wants to live, and this was what got you posting on here tonight. Please hold onto this little ray of hope. It is possible for the pain to get better, but you have to be alive to feel that relief. Please call Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467 or Lifeline on 13 11 14. Both of these services have webchat options that you can use as well.

We are here for you, please let us know how you get on. Heart

Highlighted

Hi @Mia_2006, I can tell how much hurt you are going through right now. There must be a lot of intense feelings and thoughts invading your space. A few things you mentioned made me concerned about your safety, so I have sent you an email. Please respond when you can Heart I am wondering whether you are safe from harm right now? This includes harm caused by yourself and/or others. 

I wanted to add that I really love your passion for helping others and it sounds like this is what drives you. There is nothing wrong with reaching out for your own support, everyone needs it at times. In fact, tonight you have taken the first step by sharing what is going on for you right now. Just so you know, I have edited some graphic details out of your post as it is against our community guidelines. As we are a public forum, we try to guide the conversation around suicide and self-harm so that ReachOut can be everyone's safe place Heart You don't have to go through this alone so I wanted to echo @mrmusic - support is available by numerous services listed here

Highlighted

Thank you so much that I have your support. Just like you said I do have a bit of me that wants to live and experience all the good things in life. In my head I feel like I suffer from depression but I have to live with it I know I have never meet any of you guys be for but I know that you guys will help and understand me more than my friends at school will. Once again Thank you all for your support and if you need anything I will be here to help you out just like you guys helped me out.

Highlighted

Hi @Mia_2006! Welcome to the forums!

I don't have much to add but I just wanted to say that I hope things improve for you soon and that you can find something or someone that helps you. It can be so hard trying to find the 'right' kind of assistance. There can be a lot of trial and error.

I think it's amazing that you help other people whilst going through a difficult time yourself. That's such a caring thing to do. Heart