cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaching Out to Anyone with Anxiety, Loneliness or Starting High School

Hi Everyone,

I am 12 years old and suffer from Anxiety, which only started recently. I have mini stress attacks and at other times I feel like the world is on top of me.

I recently started chatting on an online Chat room and it is really quite sexual. I know it is wrong but I cant stop wanting to go on there and chat random people because after school I have no one else to talk too. I do have great friends but they are quite busy afterschool so I am left bored by myself.

Starting high school has not helped my stress levels and my anxiety is so much worse.

I just want some support and advice :-)

Highlighted

Re: Reaching Out to Anyone with Anxiety, Loneliness or Starting High School

Hi @jveronica and welcome to ReachOut. This is a really great place where everyone is really supportive.

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. I'm going you take a look at some of the articles on our site, you might relate to some of them and find some helpful tips.

I'm also going to tag in a few of our other members, who may be able to provide some support and advice: @N1ghtW1ng @lokifish @Bee @Esperanza67 @sweet_baking @SmileMonkey @Asche @missep  @basketofmonkeys 

hi @jveronica and welcome to RO

do you mind me asking what started your anxiety off? was it starting high school? 

please please be careful on that sort of chat site, it doesnt sound all that good esp for people under the age of 18. 

you said your bored after school, could you perhaps take a hobby that you like? either a sport, or something else like gardening, art projects (like scrapbooking)?

maybe do some art classes, book club at your local library?  sometimes your local community centre has after school programs for people your age too. do any of these options sound ok?

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Hey @jveronica, welcome to RO and I agree with what @Danielle_RO has previously said: this is a really great place to seek support and I’m glad you’ve reached out to us for support Smiley Happy.

I agree with @scared01, perhaps taking up a hobby will keep you occupied when you’re bored? It could also help with preventing your mini stress attacks.

Also, may I ask if you’re currently seeking any professional help at the moment?

@jveronica as the previous replies have summed up what I was going to say, I'll just point out that we have a games section here on the forums which is usually pretty active in the afternoons/evenings, and could be a more comfortable alternative to the chat site Smiley Happy

I also saw in your other reply that you're religious - does your church have a youth group you could get involved with?

Hi @jveronica, nice to meet you Smiley Happy

I'm sorry you've been having so much anxiety of late, that can be really hard to deal with, but well done for being so proactive and coming online, we are always here to talk with and support you!

I understand it must feel pretty lonely if all your friends are busy after school, but also think @scared01 has some awesome suggestions on becoming a bit more busy with other hobbies and meeting new people who share your interests.

May I ask, you said your anxiety started recently, so do you know what triggered these attacks? Starting high school can definitely be stressful in its own right, so do you have anyone close to you with whom you can share these feelings of being overwhelmed as well?