cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running away TW

The new year hasn't started well with me, my mother's having a go at me for apparently not trying hard to live independently, get a job and find friends which hurts because i have been trying my hardest and i'm just unlucky right now. Since i don't have any friends, professionals and other family to talk to about how empty and worthless i feel i don't know what to do 😢😢, i honestly feel like running away living on the streets or just die. It's hell and i don't know how to get out of it

Re: Running away TW

Hi @Agenderandproudofit, I am sorry to hear that you haven't had a good start to the new year. Your mum having a go at you sounds really stressful and upsetting Smiley Sad It sucks when people assume that you aren't trying especially when you are doing your best. You mentioned that you don't have anyone to talk to. How would you feel about getting more support from a service like Kids Helpline or eHeadspace? They have telephone and webchat services if that is more your style. Today has been a really tough one but I know how resilient and strong you have been in the past. Are there any coping strategies you have learnt in the past which could help you today? Heart We are here to listen.

@Taylor-RO Helplines never understood/helped me in the past either so i gave up with em, i've been trying some strategies but they're not working i just feel totally heartbroken and empty.

Aw, it sucks to hear that you haven't found helplines to be helpful in the past @Agenderandproudofit . I am sorry that you are feeling heartbroken and empty, that sounds really hard. Is there a specific type of strategy that you find to be helpful when you are feeling stressed or upset? Do you find relaxation strategies or grounding strategies to be useful?

@Sophia-RO I try a lot of things reading, music, walking etc but nothing's seemed to work today i don't know why.

It sounds like you have been quite proactive today @Agenderandproudofit, which is good! It's a shame that the strategies you have tried out have not been helpful so far. Have you had the chance to have something to eat or drink yet? Sometimes that can be helpful Smiley Happy

@Sophia-ROYes i'm drinking and eating but hasn't fully helped me, i've never been this stuck before and i'm worried on how i can take this mistreatment before i finally crack. Thinking about it right now just makes me cry

It's a shame that having something to eat and drink has not helped much either @Agenderandproudofit . I am sorry to hear that you are feeling stuck and upset about what has been going on. It does sound like you are in a really tough situation. You mentioned that you don't have much supports to talk to at the moment, so I just wanted to ask if you normally turn to anyone for support when you feel upset? Do you have a counsellor or psychologist that you can talk to for support?

I don't have anyone at all for support and i haven't had a counsellor/psychologist for a few months now.

Hi @Agenderandproudofit, it sounds like you’re feeling pretty stuck and isolated right now. It’s great that you have been trying strategies but it sucks that they haven’t been helping Smiley Sad Have you thought of getting in touch with a counsellor/psychologist again?