cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Running away TW

@Taylor-RO I don't know to be honest, my last psychologist i had completely ditched me a few months ago for no reason. I was really shattered and now i'm worried if i see another psychologist they'll ditch me too

@Taylor-ROI'm sorry if it seems like i'm not trying to get help, i'm very vulnerable and sensitive meaning anything from minor to distressing which involves me always makes me break down emotionally occasionally it can turn catastrophic. Even when i'm out and about i still feel vulnerable and there have been times where people have seen me looking sad but they never stop go over and ask me what's wrong, they just keep walking and it makes me cry because i don't understand why no one wants to help that particular person. I'm sorry i'm breaking down emotionally crying as i'm writing this

Hey @Agenderandproudofit, I am sorry you are feeling so vulnerable and sensitive at the moment. It must be hard to always be on the verge of breaking down. It is okay, I didn't think you were not trying to get help. I know it can be hard to seek help if you have had some negative experiences in the past. Did they explain why the sessions were stopping? While I don't know your psychologist, I know that sessions can stop for a number of reasons, so I am sure it wasn't personal. That isn't to say that it is easy to start all over again because that can be exhausting but please know that you deserve to be supported. You can find a therapist who can work with you consistently. You could even raise this as a point of concern in your first session if that would help you feel a little more comfortable Smiley Happy You also don't lose all the progress that you made and all the lessons that you learnt. You will always carry those with you.

@Taylor-RO Never got a reason why and no one tried to help me find out the reason why my psychologist left me, i've been going back and forth with psychologist and psychiatrists for years and the rest of em all left me for the same unknown reason. It's too exhausting and puts a toll on my mental health having to go through so many professionals as i did, i just don't want to do it anymore

Hello @Agenderandproudofit , it must be hard for you not know why the sessions with the psychologist stopped. I can imagine how exhausting it must be to go back and forth with different professionals and I am sorry to hear that it put a toll on your mental health. When you were seeing the psychologists and psychiatrists for support did you find it to be helpful overall?

@Sophia-RONo i didn't find it helpful at all, many of the things i brought up to em were ignored and completely misinterpreted i just found that very unprofessional.

Ah that sucks @Agenderandproudofit, I am sorry to hear about your past experiences when seeking support. I can understand why some of these experiences have left you feeling unsure about seeking further support. Were you able to try out some more self-care strategies today? Did you find any of them to be helpful?

@Agenderandproudofit I'm sorry to hear that the new year hasn't started well for you. I think this article may help you, dealing with family conflict. Having you found that talking about here has helped or any other coping strategies?

@A_Friend Sorry for the late reply, talking here's been great and has eventually helped me after 2 distressing days.

@Sophia-ROI think talking to you really helped me, i'm all good now thank you for being there for me ❤. Sending you virtual hugs 🤗