cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad

I don't like the way my partner talks to me we have been together 15 years and he has become cynical and snappy, he is very absorbed in his own things and we rarely have a conversation any more. The past week I've been sick and he seems like it's an inconvenience as I haven't been doing all the things I usually do to keep the house in order, he used to make me laugh but now he just makes me feel sad, he also despises my older son and makes things uncomfortable when he comes to visit, we have another son together who is 14, I am feeling more and more that I'd be happier on my own but he can get very angry and I'm scared what he might do, i feel I should stay until my son is older it might be easier then

Re: Sad

Hi @Victoriaw

Just wanted to let you know that this is the Youth section of ReachOut's forums. Over here we have a focus on young Australians aged 14-25. While you're totally welcome to read through the forums and seek support, it sounds like you might have better luck getting some advice for your situation over on the ReachOut Parents forum, or calling Lifeline if you'd like to speak to someone about what you're going through right now.

We'd also really like to encourage you to give the counsellors over at 1800 RESPECT a call. We're really concerned about your partner's anger and the counsellors there are specially trained to talk you through everything you're living with right now.

Good luck, and take care.