cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW- what’s holding me back from suicide?

Also as @Andrea-RO said, periods are weird, weird things.

Mine were irregular and just generally horrible enough that I'm now on the pill, which has really helped stablise everything. 

I’m sorry for stressing out.. I didn’t mean to
What’s the pill?

@Bananatime04 you don't need to apologize. I swear some of those sites want you to think you have cancer... Smiley Frustrated

The contraceptive pill is basically a tablet with hormones in it. They stop your ovaries from releasing an egg, and also stop your period.

Basically you can go three weeks on the pill, one week off. It makes your period way more regular and predictable, and can also make them less painful and heavy. 

Wait can I have them for the rest of my life until that menopause thingy? Or until I want a baby??

@Bananatime04 as in so you never have periods? Or so that you have the more predictable periods? 

Never have it again

@Bananatime04 that's what I wanted too...

It's not really recommended to go too long on the pill without a break unfortunately.... 

For me the pill worked well enough to make my periods actually tolerable (I was genuinely considering sterilization before, since I don't want kids).

I think that there are implants you can get though that you could talk to your doctor about, and some IUDs might have a similar effect. 

@Bananatime04 here's a link with more information:

https://youngwomenshealth.org/2011/07/13/hormonal-implants/

It's basically a tiny rod that gets put in your arm and lasts like three years. 

Omg I want one of those bar thingys! Are you gonna get one? Do you not get your period on it?
Highlighted

Wait with the bar.. if you get it can you still have a baby after the 3 years?