cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TW- what’s holding me back from suicide?

@Bananatime04 yay!! I hope they're helpful. 

Omg I have just done some research and I could have cancer! That’s one of the causes and I’m really scared I’m freaking out idk what to do

@Tiny_leaf I need your help 😭 can you please help me

@Bananatime04 the thing about cancer is that there are so many types in so many parts of the body that pretty much any symptom you can think of could in theory be caused by cancer.

Even the hallucinations I was having could've been caused by a specific, rare, type of cancer. (It actually was looked into, it wasn't cancer)

@Bananatime04 one thing that the internet is notorious for is scaring people about cancer.

99 percent of the time it's not cancer I swear. Almost every illness I've had probably had at least one symptom in common with cancer.

I’m just gonna tell you what it is..
I’m bleeding and I’m not on my period.. in fact it’s like over 2 weeks away and my last one was over 1 week ago. Google said it’s not a normal thing and it’s never happened to me before.
I could have cancer, diabetes or loads of other scary things that I would rather die over.
I’m safe I’m just thinking.
But seriously I can’t convince myself not to stress about it if it is a possibility.. I bet that’s what people with cancer would’ve said. I don’t wanna think positive and have a negative outcome. That’s horrible
I’m really sorry but I just can’t

I know that this is really frightening, but it's important to remember that pretty much every symptom has many, many possible causes.

I've found over 50 conditions that could be causing my leg pain alone. A tumor in my spinal chord could be causing it.

But just using statistics, there's like a 2% chance of that. When you factor in the risk factors pointing towards other conditions it's even less.

Cancer has the uncanny ability to appear in any medical search on google, and of course once you get to a certain age regular checks are important. But it's nowhere near as common as it's portrayed online. 

I’m really stressing out.. idk what to think or do and I don’t wanna be here and no it’s so hard 😟

Hey @Bananatime04

I know that things might be a bit scary, but Tiny_leaf is right - when it comes to diagnosing yourself it's never a good idea. There's a reason doctors study for over 10 years post high school to get their qualifications!! 

When it comes to bleeding when you're not on your period (also known as spotting) there are a bunch of other way more likely explanations other than cancer. Because you're pretty young, it will most likely be your period cycle being disrupted by your hormones. Even if you've had your period for a while, it often doesn't "chill out" or become permanently stable until the start of your 20s for some! 

Not to mention periods can just be irregular sometimes! The human body is a weird thing, so sometimes you can bleed for no reason at all, or at least no reason that you know of/could change. It sucks even more when you find out that stress and your emotions can sometimes have an effect on your cycle, so sometimes stressing about what's going on can make it worse!

Most of the time a doctor can recommend the contraception pill to help stabilise your period, though it might be better to leave it for a month and then see what happens. Periods are very weird things, and can be very annoying. I even knew someone who once would have very light bleeding for periods of 3 months at a time. It was all fine, and because it didn't bother her that much, it wasn't an issue at all 

@Bananatime04 there are still so many things that could be causing it. Including having ridiculously irregular periods... mine were like that for a while. Not fun...

One thing that's important to remember, people who have diabetes can have good lives. Cancer survivors and even people with cancer can have good lives. People with chronic illness can have good lives.

One other thing to remember; many internet sites live off sensationalism. Those "five signs you're dying of a heart attack" ads probably aren't there for health awareness, they are there so that people get freaked out and go to the site.