cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Short Sads

@N1ghtW1ng what can you do to help change that? What is making him turtle (i.e withdraw into his shell of the game world, avoid school and drop the F-Bomb a lot to scare people off).

Are you up for helping him change? What's one or two things you could do to guide him towards some different ways of being?

turtle.gif

Highlighted

But I know so many of those skills yet nothing is helping me and I wish I could just curl up into a ball underneath my doona and never ever come out @Ben-RO
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

and I know most people probably wouldn't even care if I did that and they didn't have to see me again
Highlighted

Okay while the coffee sinks in (and only if you feel like sharing). Gimme a list of the skills you have gained in the last 2 years - anything that impacts mental health. We can help if you want, but have a crack at it if you're up for it.

Highlighted

I know there's some I just don't know where to start
Highlighted

Here's a start:

You know how to safety plan.

And then you got so good at keeping yourself safe that you didn't even need safety planning (at least for many, many months) !

Highlighted

well I didn't even need to use it last night, so that's pretty good
Highlighted

hey @j95

just want to say it is definitely OK to have a sad day, or a few sad days and to feel like your going backwards. I think Life and especially trying to work on your mental health is not a straight path and it's good to remind yourself that it's ok to retreat from the world for a little while.

There are lots of other people out there feeling the same way and I can tell you from my own experience you aren't alone.

I seen this little clip about feeling like you are in shell and it reminded me of your comment about wanting some time under the doona today. I can really relate to it as I often have to retreat into my shell to protect myself, and it's really quite a beautiful description. Let me know what you think. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elILetNPyr4

If you banish the dragons, you banish the heroes
- Andrew Solomon
Highlighted

Other skills that I know... not sure if I'm on the right path here, these are just some that I can think of right now
- Using sport like running and swimming to stay not just physically fit but mentally fit
- I'm good at recognising when I need a break and time to chill out on my own
- Having things that I do or objects that I use to help me relax like listening to music, hanging out with my dogs, gemstones, a hot drink, planting things
Highlighted

Wow @RecoveryandHope I think I almost cried because it's so beautiful and I can relate to it so much. Thank you for sharing that with me