cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Short Sads

hey @loves netball its none of my business but have you thought about talking to your gp (or psychiatrist if you have one) about maybe trying some short term medication to see if that helps you; just a thought; I hope youre day today can keep you busy and calm . . . We know youre struggling at the moment but do keep in mind that the people here care about you and Im sure youre other supports care about you Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@loves netball you sound like you're in an awful spot, which can be quite scary and confusing. I also know you've said you've been feeling suicidal. If you are feeling unsafe or even if you need to talk, please call Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467. 

Highlighted

Hey @CasKat91 I have been on medication, but I stopped it because of the side effects. I got a massive lecture from my case manager, who refused to listen to me about how I was feeling on the medication. I haven't seen the psychiatrist since the medication was prescribed and my case manager organises the appointments. I haven't had a proper conversation with my case manager for weeks anyway. My GP knows about all this, but can't do anything for me because I'm supposed to go through my case manager. Even worse my parents put pressure on me not to take medication. They're totally against medications for mental health and seeing professionals etc. This all seems to come from my parents' Christian background.

I know people care about me and I'm sorry I can be quite frustrating with others

@Sans-RO I have been talking to the SCBS. Sometimes I even call now. I find talking to a female counsellor usually the most helpful.

Highlighted

@loves netball I'm really glad you're using SCBS to support yourself through this tough stuff, despite how you feel that shows real strength and I encourage you to integrate them into your safety plan (you can always ask to talk to a female counsellor Smiley Happy )

it can be quite confusing when people you trust to be competent are telling you different things, like for the medication. Have you brought this up with GP or caseworker - about how your parents are putting pressure on you? They may be better able to understand your reservations once they have this info. It can get pretty lonely when people aren't willing to listen to you, I'm sorry things are so hard. Do you think telling the counsellor you need to see the psychiatrist might help? 

Highlighted

I at one stage was made to see a go and the psychologist at the gp centre and remember telling them I cant let my parents know for certain reasons and they did what they could to support me but at the same time keeping my wishes. I hope youre able to work something with your supports @loves netball as when youre able to do things and put things in place, it really helps Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Actually just experienced some horrible racism on a tram in the city and I feel sick. Normally I'm open to people differences and that there is usually an underlying reason to someone's behaviour but in this case it was just 3 feral teenagers. They were ripping stickers off the wall and throwing them at me, when I questioned their behaviour they said "what language are you" and I said "what language are you" and they said "I'm Aussie" and I said same the same thing, then they laughed in my face and said "fuck your culture, how disgusting" "go home" "not even Australian" and all this stuff, then when they got off one of them spat on their hand then slammed it against the window next to my face.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

I got called a dog and they tried to put orange peel down my shirt, I'm so angry
Highlighted

public transport abuse sucks; im white, aussie n all that but I always hot harrassed cause I was in baggy shorts backwards cap and shoulder length hair, my offense names where hippo, swear words, death threats, size names (even though I wasnt big) etc; so I feel ya, it can make a day pretty s***ty; is there anything positive you got planned for the rest of the day? do something fun or watch a funny movie, whatever can help yea?!
Highlighted

I have just as much right to living and working in Australia as they do, I'm aboriginal but I'm still Australian, probably more than they are.
Hanging out with mates @CasKat91 that's why I was heading into sort of the city.
Highlighted

@j95 UGH that's disgusting, no wonder you're feeling angry! I think @CasKat91 has the right idea about taking care of yourself for the rest of the day,  you deserve some self-care after having to put up with such outrageously crappy behaviour! Do you have some ideas?