cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Songs that helped you

Post some songs that you listened to and went this is me right now or this is my jam or this has expressed everything I am into a song and if u want to explain your situation . 

Mine is dirty little secret by American rejects , I was going though shit with an ex and it was my “dirty little secret “ and at the time he was my  dirty little secret as well and i don’t know I just felt it was my song at the time .plus all messages in the song made me feel not alone 

Re: Songs that helped you

@Rabbit2003 great thread idea! Also, it's been waaaay too long since I last jammed to some All-American Rejects

This is one of my favourite songs by them - it really captures the struggle I have with my mental health issues. Sometimes half the battle is to just keep going when things get tough

And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through
Move along

Hi @Rabbit2003 there a quite a few songs that come to mind for me when thinking of songs that have helped me... I could list them all, but I'll list the first one that came to mind and that was a PINK song. I am in awe of this woman's talent and voice! Just amazing!

The song is called Nobody Knows

I remember when I first heard the song it touched me deeply because at the time, nobody else knew how I was feeling, I kept my emotions hidden inside and internalised everything. So it gave me something to cling to for a bit.

I've since learnt that talking about things helps... a lot Smiley Happy

Come & join us Monday 22 for Getting Real: Life After Year 12 Exams! 
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!

Such a cool thread @Rabbit2003 Smiley Happy And I love both your songs @Bee @lokifish Smiley Happy 

The song 'Youth' by Daughter got me through being 17-18 so it's very special to me. Also Marina and the Diamond's 'Fear and Loathing,' Kesha's 'Learn to Let Go,' and Andy Black's 'Put the Gun Down.' 

I know right , American rejects they are my go to jam , I’m glad they are someone elses💜😊

B Mike is a really good artist for when your feeling shit 💜😇

I know many good songs but the song that helped me the most is "Make It Stop" by Rise Against. Especially in combination with the music video it's nothing less than a masterpiece. The song is about LGTB+ people who are bullied in school and consider suicide but then decide to live and have a great life. I'm not even LGTB+ (well if I am I don't know) but I see this song as a general reminder not to give up. The lyrics are just perfect! Here are the quotes of the song I love the most:

"It's always darkest just before the dawn" and

"But proud I stand, of who I am

I plan to go on living"

I love this song so much. I literally spent an hour listening to it on repeat the other night Smiley Very Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@musicaddict (to my song recommendation) by the way: I just love that song so much!!! Well I love Rise Against in general but this song is one of the best ones. I saw Rise Against live and when they performed Make It Stop I literally cried out of joy. For me this song is connected to so many memories and feelings and I just felt so grateful for being alive when I heard it live. That really is one of my best memories of all time c: