cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sorry for not being around lately

My thoughts exactly @redhead@DruidChild is so valuable to us all Heart

How do you feel about your Mum's suggestion around exercise before the med shift? I have heard of a few people doing this. Actually in my own experience, exercise was a huge shift in the whole process for me. Let me know your thoughts Smiley Happy

@DruidChild my first uni assignment was on depression and exercise, there is evidence that it works, or used alongside meds to help.
I hope you find something that works for you and you start to feel better soon.
And we'll always be here if you need to talk
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

hi @DruidChild please dont apologise. to take care of others or help others you have to first take care of yourself. 

im sorry you havent been in a good place. i dont want to over do the convo that youralready having here as i dont have anything else to add here, but will follow along and if you want/need me please do tag me. please know that i care very much for you. sending big hugs

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Thanks @redhead Heart It's possible that my counsellor who I'm seeing on Tuesday will want me to go to hospital, yeah. And it's good to know that there's evidence to suggest exercise works. Smiley Happy

@Bree-RO it sounds like exercise would help, I just don't know how it's going to happen while I'm in this headspace. Also exercise is a bit hard bc I have sensory issues, I still have to find something that works. 

Thank you @scared01Heart I hope you're doing okay tonight. 

@DruidChild do you think you'll be ok til Tuesday
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@redhead I think so, tomorrow I have to feed the cats I'm looking after and then it's my cousin's birthday party so I'll have things to do. Thank you heaps for checking though Heart 

Highlighted

Hi @DruidChild,

No need to say sorry mental health never needs excuses. Sorry to hear that you have been a bit down in the dumps lately. This past week I have been feeling like that a lot too. Even though you seem a bit stressed out about the cats having a pet around is actually really good for calming the stress. Cats have been proven to help people when they have mental health issues or elderly people feel better when they have been sick. My cousin has cancer and his family has a cat (this cat has anxiety) who never really likes sleeping on people because of trust problems but a few weeks before he was diagnosed with cancer the cat was suddenly always sleeping on my cousin and refused to get off. This was because the cat could sense the sign of cancer. Even though you say you would never get a pet. A cat might actually be quite good because they don't need walks or exercise so when you're not feeling too good you don't have to worry about going out and even if you are going places most cat breeds can be alone for a while without having to worry about them. 

My parents work and most times my cat is alone but al you need to do is make sure they have food and water and they will be good to go. 

Not saying you have to get a petSmiley Happy but if you ever decided otherwise a cat is a really good option.

lots of hugs Heart 

I'm here for you

@Pariscat16 Thanks heaps for your message, I read it the morning of my last cat-sitting day and it made me feel a lot less anxious about them ^__^ 

I've been having a really tough time still. The other day I just broke down and called my friend to say goodbye and she talked me down basically. And I've been self harming and not taking care of myself and stuff...my mum is trying but the way she 'helps' just doesn't work for me and I don't even feel human anymore tbh. 

But, I'm going to sit my exams (tmrw and Tuesday) so that's good. I do still want to be a nurse, I just no longer feel that I'm smart enough to be. 

Hope your exam went well today and goes well tomorrow @DruidChild!

You are valuable and important and you deserve love and acceptance.

How are you feeling today?

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Thanks @letitgo. The exam didn't go very well, but it's over now at least. Feeling pretty low again.