cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress Overload

STRESS!!!

I cannot. Function. 

STRESS!

I got sick this week. And screwed EVERYTHING UP! When I spoke to my lecturer today she asked me if I can keep going. I wish I'd said no! I can't do this! I can't do anything! 

I can't even make a coherent thread! !!! !!! Stress. 

(I'm sorry)

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Re: Stress Overload

@N1ghtW1ng Sorry this week has been so tough Smiley Sad

Sickness makes everything worse!

What happened when you told your lecture you couldn't keep going?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Bee I didn't. I just wish I did. I said that I would be fine, and that it would be a good prac, the only reason I missed this week was because of sickness, not mental stuff but I so wish I'd just said "No I can't" because I CANNOT

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

oohh that makes sense, so sorry @N1ghtW1ng

Could you email her and say something? Or is that too much right now?

Except I should be able to do it! I know I can do it, I've just screwed everything up. I should've sucked it up and gone today. But everything just sucks because argh.

Okay, let's try and figure this out.
1. Stress from planning lessons (that's normal, it's hard to plan lessons)
2. I screwed up contacting teachers and such about missing days (I felt so repetitive and guilty so I put it off, stupidly)
3. ... I don't know. Functioning is hard!!! There's so much stuff but I can't. CAN'T!

My chest hurts so much. Stupid tightness. Stress and anxiety induced poopy faced chest!

Aww @N1ghtW1ng

Sounds like a lot of negative self-talk and harshness on yourself right now *ending lots of love and hugs*
1. Absolutely, lesson plans are hard (at least early ed ones were when I was doing that - I couldn't imagine primary school ones! Smiley Surprised )
2. You managed to contact them! That can feel pretty hard when you're sick!
I think it is okay to feel guilty about missing some days, especially if you're sick, but the thing is to also remember that you need to look after you as well.
Have you been able to do some self-care recently? Watching some lego perhaps?

@Bee I've been watching loads of fun stuff while I've been sick Smiley Happy

I am very bad at being nice to myself. TOO MUCH. I do not like stress.

@N1ghtW1ng glad to hear you've been watching some fun stuff Smiley Happy

Stress, yes that thing is quite annoying hey! I don't think many like it when there's too much...

Is there anyway we can reduce some of the stress?

I have no idea. I usually just power through and hope for the best.

Aww maybe some other users might have some ideas?
I'm lost for words right now @N1ghtW1ng
but I'm always here for a chat Smiley Happy x