cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress stress stress

I’m a very stressed person and have no idea how to cope with so much stress

what are some suggestions with coping with stress?

Re: Stress stress stress

Hey there @Jesssister2001,

Stress is no fun. Admittedly, I have a hard time identifying stress in myself, but whenever I feel overwhelmed I find taking a step back and taking time to really think about things helpful. Are there any strategies you've used before that have helped with stress?

ReachOut also has a bunch of great articles and things over here on stress including this article with tips for dealing with stress and anxiety. 

Is there anything in particular that's causing these feelings tonight?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@Jesssister2001 

would it help to talk about what is stressing you out atm? sometimes i find working through some things helps as well

@N1ghtW1nghas given some good articles for you to look at too

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

I just try to ignore stress but it only makes it worse

@Jesssister2001if you put an @ names will pop up so you can tag members. thought this might help abit with talking to us. 

ignoring stress only works for a short while i find. 

I have so much school assessment tasks to do which are really hard and put a lot of pressure on me

My mum and I are fighting at the moment so we aren’t talking
My uncle had a heart attack yesterday and is in ICU
My other uncle has been diagnosed with cancer and has tumours growing in the top of his spine
Ahhhhhh

Hey @Jesssister2001 that sounds like a lot to be dealing with. I'm sorry to hear about both of your uncles, do you have anyone you can share how you're feeling with?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

I hate talking in person @scared01

well  done on tagging @Jesssister2001 Smiley Happy

wow that is heaps going on for you. 

i know as stressful as it is with family members being sick, try to remind yourself that its out of your control and all you can do is support them the best you can. i know its probably not helpful me saying that but it is true, the hospital staff are the ones that are more in control and they are both in good hands. 

did you want to talk about why you and your mum are fighting?

and with school assessments do you think trying to work out a study plan would be helpful?

@Jesssister2001 

thats ok your welcome to talk to use here or one of the helplines like kidshelpline or headspace