cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Struggling with Life

I’ve been living overseas away from home for almost three years, i moved here with my boyfriend. We’ve had a lot of ups and downs but I’ve felt so lonely and homesick and always feel fomo, the culture of people is so different I’ve found it hard to make any deep connections, I’ve taken a lot of my emotions out on partner He used to be great but my emotional baggage has caused resentment towards me on his behalf now there’s this huge disconnect between us, we rarely talk and I feel even more lonely then ever. I know why I moved away from home it was to sort my life out and become financially successful, but I’ve developed a heavy weed smoking habit and every time I’m feeling down it’s an escape from my reality I know it’s bad for me but I just can’t bring myself to stop. I have so much to be grateful for, we’re renting our first home, I’ve just gotten a new well paying job, but I just feel so depressed and anxious and out of control of my feelings I literally feel like I’m loosing my mind. One day I’ll have all the energy and motivation in the world to waking up the next day and I can’t find the strength to pull myself out of bed. 

Highlighted

Re: Struggling with Life

Hey @Nuav3998 thanks for sharing what you're going through, its a huge thing to do, moving overseas - I can only imagine how overwhelming that experience would be. That is so tough that you and your partner are disconnected at the moment, it's understandable that this would be making you feel really lonely. Do you think he knows about how you're feeling?

Breaking habits can be really hard to do, particularly if you're also feeling out of control of your feelings. Did you want to chat about maybe getting some professional support around this and your feelings of depression and anxiety?

You have shown a lot of resilience in everything you're going through, moving to a new place, getting a rental and getting a new job are all massive life events and to do them in such a short space of time is really amazing Heart it also takes a lot of strength to recognise when you need support and reach out for it so good on you for taking that step as well.  

Highlighted

Hey @Nuav3998, I am very sorry to hear about your struggles! Good on you for taking the time to reach out about them. It sounds like life has been absolutely hectic recently. I'm going to have to certainly agree with @Hannah-RO, it would take great courage and resilience to achieve what you have! I hope things settle down for you soon! We're all thinking of you and are here for you Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Thanks for sharing! I'm from overseas as well, so I could relate to most of things you've mentioned. To be honest, I'm very impressed with what you have achieved so far. You should be proud of yourself!

Additionally, I totally agree with you that it is hard to make a deep connection with others, especially you are not sharing the same values and cultures. But don't forget everything takes time. Please don't put too much pressure on yourself since you haven't been here for a long time. 

Best wishes

Highlighted

Hi @Nuav3998,
I am so sorry to hear what you have been through and I can understand how you feel cuz I'm from overseas as well. It sound like it is your emotional baggages influencing your smoking habits and current negative mood, and particularly when your relationship with your boyfriend has changed a little bit. Have you spoken to your boyfriend deeply about how you feel in daily life and the feelings about the changes in the relationship? Do you have any friends that can help you relax a little bit when you are feeling bad? Perhaps professional helps like psychologists can help you with your anxiety in the relationship and negative mood, I know there are some therapist target relationship issues and social problems, may be you can ask for help from therapist.
Highlighted

@Nuav3998 thanks for sharing your story, we appreciate that posting when you are in a tough headspace can be hard. It sounds like you might benefit from some professional guidance to help you with your low mood and feelings of depression- let us know if this is something you would be interested in and we can direct you towards further resources.

Highlighted

Thanks for sharing your story @Nuav3998. It must take a lot of courage living overseas away from your family. I can see that you have accomplished so much in financial and occupational areas of your life as how you planned to be coming here. It takes a lot of strength to open up here about your feelings and mental state. We are happy to reply and chat with you.