Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Supporting others

Sorry I’m late but I’m here now..

Thanks 

yeah he moved his stuff in today 

Sorry I’m not up to date with what’s happening for you.. who’s moved their stuff where? Is it a positive thing or negative?

My younger brother is moving in with me for a bit while he sorts some stuff out. Just going to be a bit tough trying to support him

Oh im so sorry to hear.. is he aware that supporting him will be putting pressure on you or how hard it will be

Kind of, always looked after him in a parent kind of role, and it’s always been real tricky, but settled down a little bit in the last probably year, still going to be hard but he needs somewhere to stay and some help and direction so better help him out.
I told him he has to get a job or go to a day program at least if he is going to stay with me. Trying to keep boundaries clear, wants to work with me but I said no.

Ohhhh I’m so sorry! I totally forgot we were like just talking about this a few days ago! Are you still stressing about it? I’m really sorry

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime, it sounds like you're doing an incredible job at supporting your brother while setting some good boundaries.  I can't imagine how challenging it must be to be both a parent and a brother for him. 

As he's a bit older now, hopefully you can step more into a friend/ brother role. 

How did he respond to you telling him he couldn't work with you? Is he going to look for another job? 

Yeah I would like to step into that role too @gina-RO It will be better for the both of us. 

Over the years i’ve taught him heaps of things, how to shop at the supermarket, how to catch a train legally, cooking basic meals, things that nobody else seemed to have time to show him or that other kids his age just know how to do from seeing it growing it up. So, I’m pretty proud of him, he can be a real shit head but so was I when I was younger and still am sometimes, as you’d know. But he’s really cool when you get a better understanding of him. 

I get pretty proud of him when I see him doing things that he couldn’t do before, I can send him into the supermarket with the right amount of money and a list, he’ll come back out with everything we need and hasn’t nicked any of it. He didn’t even want to set foot in a supermarket a few years ago, he got too stressed and stood outside now he’s doing it independently, how good is that? Stacking the dishwasher, things like that. So I have helped him out a lot so now it’s time to let him try it all out for himself and be there if he needs hand, time for a little bit of independence. He was really upset with me when I said no to working with me, he said oh you want me to get a job you won’t get me one, well I also just need space, it’s not healthy to work with him then go home to be with him, that’s 24/7. And that I’m happy to help him apply for work we looked online last night for some supermarkets and some takeaway places but I’m not doing it all for him. 

@gina-RO why was my posted marked as spam and removed?