cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TW: Car crash stress

Firstly for anyone who's worried by that title, I'm not badly hurt. Also, obviously TW for anyone who has car-crash related issues.

Anyway, my family managed to get into a crash with two other cars.

It was very stressful, some people were going into shock and I think there was a broken arm, but nothing life threatening.

None of my family were badly hurt but it was very stressful. The whole thing was punctuted by a crying child and my badly behaved puppy trying to figure out what was going on.

While I'm not hurt badly or traumatised, I'm now dealing with whiplash and also pretty full of stress hormones.

Also the electricity in my house isn't working properly. Yay.

Anyway... it's been a day.

Re: TW: Car crash stress

Hello @Tiny_leaf, I am sorry to hear about what you are your family have been through. That sounds like quite a scary thing to experience, so it understandable that you are feeling stressed. It does seem like you had a really big and eventful day yesterday, I hope that you have been able to get some rest. Have you had a chance to engage in any self-care activities to help you feel a bit better? Heart

Hi @Tiny_leaf 

That sounds like such a stressful series of events. It's good to know that you and your family are okay and that no one was badly injured. I hope for an easy and fast recovery for everyone. It must have been a scary situation to be in, and right now I guess would be good to just try and relax and compose yourself.

Also, it sucks to hear about your electricity. Do you know what might have caused it?

Hopefully, everything is okay friend.

Hey @Tiny_leaf 

I'm so so glad you and everyone involved are safe! Heart That sounds like it was a super stressful situation. You are so strong though and I believe you will be okay. 

What things have you done to calm your mind a bit more? Personally, I really like to use an app like Smiling Mind to just have a calming voice guide my breathing and slow my heart down. Other times, I'll go for a run with music in my ears to just get away from the world a little (might sound funny but if I put on like 'main character' music, I feel like I'm on some mission in a movie Smiley LOL

Hope you're feeling better and that your day took a turn for the better Heart

Hey @Tiny_leaf , just wanted to check in and see how you're doing today? I'm so glad to hear that nobody was badly hurt, but being in a car accident can still be pretty traumatic and scary. I've been in a few before (not super serious) and I definitely felt like it took a few days for the shock to wear off. Whiplash can be really painful as well, I hope you're doing ok today. 

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2020 here

Okay so...

Self care is hard because atm I'm still working out how to like... eat.

At least the electricity is back on.

Apparently I bent my knee fairly far backwards some time during the immediate aftermath of the car crash while I was busy concentrating on things other than my leg position. So now my leg is extra painful as well as my neck hurting.

Just generally physically not feeling great and struggling to eat isn't helping.

Well I was ready for self care but my brother's taking up 90% of possible self care options and is being too aggressive for me to ask for any of them so wish me luck I guess. 

Hey @Tiny_leaf , 

That sounds like an exceptionally crappy day (how long was the power out for??)... I hope the pain in your leg settles down soon. It must make it really hard when food is a struggle as well... do you have any easy foods that you can have on hand? Thinking of you - I hope things settled down with your brother. It must have been so frustrating to have your self care options messed with like that Smiley Sad 

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2020 here

Hi @Tiny_leaf

I am so so sorry to hear about your car crash, it is honestly so jarring and scary. I was in a bad car crash a few years ago and it was strange how it affected me - the feelings were almost more intense the weeks after once the shock had worn off, and I was very jumpy for a long while after. I just wanted to check in to see if today has been a bit better than yesterday? I was also wondering if you have been able to chat with anyone about how you're feeling? Heart

Sorry for not replying sooner everyone..

The power was out for nearly two days, it's fixed now though.

The police gave us an update about some if the other people in the crash. Aside from a lot of soreness, they're mostly okay except for the ten year old who's permanently lost some teeth and has a fracture somewhere. A bit angry with the person who hit us for that.

Police are going to come over on Monday to do an interview. Since it was a relatively bad crash they have to do an investigation.

My neck muscles hurt so much, I keep getting migraine-like headaches. My leg's getting better but I needed a knee brace for a few days.

We were generally stressed before the car crash and it hasn't helped, especially since we now have police and insurance and extra doctor's appointments to deal with.